Wound care

Beary
on 10/28/14 10:37 am
VSG on 10/27/14

Came home from VSG surgery today.  Instructions say to clean the wounds 2x day.  Was told they used surgical glue on my small incisions.  Had double getting the bandages off and when I did I see three small pieces of tape on each one.  I assume th glue is under there and I should take off those bandages>  My husband and I got nervous and left those little strips on and just removed the bandages over them.  Is this correct?

gopats_54
on 10/28/14 10:44 am

Yes, the little strips are steristrips and they will fall off on their own.  Don't pull them off.  I will say it's not common to have both glue and steristrips but every doctor has their own method.  Jus****ched the areas for any redness, tenderness, orbpurilentbor foul smelling drainage.  You can leave them uncovered as long as there is no new drainage. Congrats on your surgery! 

P.S.  I'm a nurse, I'm not just making this up...lol.  

VSG done 10/15, Age 31, Ht 5'3, HW 267, SW 251, GW 150-160   

Eggface
on 10/28/14 10:50 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Ask your Dr about Wound Wash I loved that stuff. I used that to clean the incision (I was open, so one hella big long one) and triple antibiotic. The little steri strips drop off after a while.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com