Expierence with Psychological eval

Oliviawashere
on 10/28/14 2:31 am, edited 10/28/14 2:31 am

Can anyone tell me what their psychological evaluation entailed? I met with a psychologist closer to my home, they stated on their website they did bariatric surgery evulations. Good enough for me. I just feel like I am getting the run around with this guy though. I had one appointment, I took a 30 minuet pencil in test. He told me it would take 3 weeks to go over my test and that he had other appointments and such. Then I met with him 4 weeks later for our "talk" then he told me it would take him a "week or so" to put together this information and then I could come back and go over it with him and then he will send it off. I just feel like this is being majorly dragged out. I feel iffy about this all, and don't know what I should really do. Just play along and play the waiting game?

CarolynRClark
on 10/28/14 2:50 am - Schenectady, NY
RNY on 01/21/15

When I went for my eval, the written ?s were after the oral eval. Plus, he told me his opinion about my readiness before and after surgery at the end. The eval itself was not a big deal. The psychiatrist that I saw sent in his report after I made my co-payment which was the same day as the eval so I believe my surgeon's office received it within a week or so.

Carolyn

Massage_lady
on 10/28/14 7:12 am

My psych eval was in the doctor's office and it took about an hour and a half. Boom. Done. Don't know why your guy is taking so long.

Bubbles314
on 10/28/14 7:50 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Like the others before me said, I had one appt. it consisted of a written test (filled out prior to appt) and we talked.  The Dr got an ok within a week.  Sounds like your guy is wanting to make some more money.  My Dr had his own Dr to do a Psych eval and his own Dietition he worked with.  Good luck sounds costly to me.

Poodlemac
on 10/28/14 8:27 am
RNY on 09/26/14

My appt was first the 300 question sheet, scantron test. Then the chat with the doc. She was awesome but had recently lost over 100 lbs herself so she wanted to "make sure I was prepared for the difference in the way I would be percieved after weightloss!"  Sweet gesture and all, but I've lost a LOT of weight many times in my past. I've got it!  Then she called me a week later to ask for clarification on some of my answers about my father. I thought it was all very strange!!  My father hasn't been part of my life since I was 2. He is a non-issue!!  In the end, I passed the dang test!  Took a day or 2 for surgeon to get the report. I'm always kind of positive and perky, definitely sarcastic. Guess she didn't know what to make of me. 

I'd say just finish with this shrink if he just wants one more meeting because you're almost there. It took a while for me to get an initial appointment.