Swelling around belly 4 weeks post-op

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 6:49 am
VSG on 09/29/14

Hello, when I started my 10 day pre-op diet I came in at 354lbs, my surgery was on Sept. 29th and as of now Oct. 23rd I am 310 lbs. Needless to say I am very happy but it seems that I am losing weight from everywhere except my abdominal area. I do not feel gassy or anything but before surgery at 354 I was a pant size 46, here I am 44lbs less and my pant size is only 44. Before I gained so much weight at 310 lbs. I was a pant size 42. Could it be possible that i am still swollen from the surgery? On Monday it will be 4 weeks post op. Can someone with a gastric sleeve please advice me of how long was your belly swollen for? Thank you in advance and sorry about the rambling.

andy M.
on 10/23/14 3:45 pm - fairfax, VA
with

how it going....I didn't have the sleeve done, i had RNY done, but i had the same problem you did. I had surgery done on May 20th 2014. The day of my surgery i was 383 pounds and wore a size 50. After a month i was down to 345 and i was only at a size 48 after 2 months i was down to 305 and  after losing 78 pounds i was only down to  a size 44. But then all of a sudden in the next month i lost some more weight and i dropped down to a size 40. So i think that you do have some swelling for a few weeks after surgery, but i think sometime people lose weight in different areas of their body's faster than other areas, so just keep up what your doing and trust me, the pant sizes will start to drop quick. Your definitely still in the healing phase, I'm no doctor but i would say your going to be healing for at least 8 weeks (2 months-3 months) and during that time, i am sure its not unheard of to be swollen somewhat from the healing. But i would definitely suggest speaking with your surgeon or the bariatric office's practitioner

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 9:17 pm
VSG on 09/29/14

Thank you very much. That makes me feel better.