Surgery Tomorrow - 10/30/14, what to bring with?

Maureen H.
on 10/28/14 8:23 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

I have a 2 night stay in the hospital post op per my doctors orders to conduct a swallow test and to remove the drain. For anyone who stayed a couple of nights, what are the most important things to bring? Also, what type of clothing will be most comfortable leaving the hospital?

I am very nervous now that my surgery is tomorrow. I just want to make sure I am prepared. 

Valerie G.
on 10/28/14 9:52 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had a bag all full of stuff and all I pulled out was the chapstick in my 4 day stay.  What I wished I had were ear plugs and my own hair products, for the baby shampoo they gave me in the complimentary toiletry kit had me looking like a dandilion.  I wore the same clothes I arrived in with a fresh pair of panties.  I wore the hospital gowns around the floor, with a second one serving as a robe.  I had some seepage of the wound, so it's best I didn't soil my own clothes with that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LISER617
on 10/28/14 11:44 pm - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

Bring your phone, charger, headphones and Chapstick! other than that you really dont need much I slept alot and walked the halls alot. On my downtime jus****ched TV and played on my phone.  I only stayed one night so didnt bother with many toiletries. Went home the next day in sweats. Anything comfy will be fine.

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

Poodlemac
on 10/29/14 12:21 am
RNY on 09/26/14

A toy like a phone or tablet, some lip balm and face moisturizer!  I stayed in hospital gowns the whole stay, and left in the loose fitting clothes I came in. Oh- and a sports/sleep bra not a regular one!

Beary
on 10/29/14 1:00 am
VSG on 10/27/14

I wore a very loose fitting dress to go home in.  Not sure I would have liked anything on my waist.  I forgot my robe and wished I had it.  Only stayed one night though.  There is some spray called biotin for saliva refreshing.  I used this and was thankful I had it.  VERY dry mouth.  Nothing else to offer outside of what the other have offered.  I wish you th best of luck and an easy recovery.  So excited for you!

ClaudiaW
on 10/29/14 1:23 am - Rockwall, TX

A must   must have for me was a travel pillow to use around your neck while tolerating that nasty tube. I went home in sweats because you go home with a drain. or I did. Goos Luck I am 8 days post surgery and doing very well. I had RNY

RitaL
on 10/29/14 10:21 am

I'm scheduled 11/10 so can I ask how you did as far as getting food down and any medication?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/29/14 10:00 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

#1 Chapstick.  Your lips will be cracked and painful since you won't be allowed fluids by mouth.  It was the most important thing.  The rest is all superfluous. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220