General Bariatric related medical research articles

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/28/14 12:48 pm

Yes, I manage to read medical information for work without having attended medical school, so I agree with your assertion that we can read and educate ourselves. However, the sheer volume of articles you are posting would be daunting to some. 

Most MDs have little nutritional education. They rely on dieticians and nutritionists instead. 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Kate -True Brit
on 10/28/14 6:47 am - UK

Echoing RosyKate and others. If your aim is to help - bombarding people with indigestible and (to the layperson) incomprehensible published work is not the best way.

i assume you would not have posted these without having first read them so why not identify a small number and explain why you selected them?  I have a BSc, an MA, post-graduate qualifications, am currently working towards a second BSc (purely for pleasure as I am retired), have worked in the medical field and lectured in Psychology. But the two articles I randomly looked at in your list are beyond my comprehension and so totally useless to me. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

swimbikerun
on 10/28/14 12:20 pm

What would be interesting to you? I'll see what I can pull out. I also answered RosyKates' question and that might help in answering yours.

Congratulations on having the courage and willingness to keep on learning past retirement. I've tried to encourage an engineer friend in it and he gave it up. Sad, as this guy really knows his stuff.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/28/14 5:45 pm - UK

Thank you. But to some extent that is my point! If I want to know something, I will find it myself because I will know the reliable places to look! If it it exceedingly scientific, I ask my doctor. if I lacked academic training, a long list of published articles would not help me at all! Overload! 

We often get threads which arise from a member having read an interesting article. They discuss it, quote it and receive the comments of others - who often cite allied research.  Such discussions are interesting and useful. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

swimbikerun
on 10/28/14 10:44 pm

You might but someone else may not have the time or inclination. They may not have access to any articles.

6 + 3 = 9 but so does 5 + 4. Simply another way of doing it. Neither one is right or wrong. Its just that different people arrive at the same answer a different way.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/29/14 1:03 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Some of those people have PhD's, MD's, or a LOT of personal experience after surgery. I'm inclined to say that the folks with more training have a better answer.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary Gee
on 10/28/14 9:17 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

YAWN..................

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Bette B.
on 10/28/14 10:32 am

Oooooo! Someone's taking a massive data dump! Please flush when you're done.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

cheyenne000
on 10/29/14 9:35 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Lol! I agree Bette,  

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16