Medical resources

swimbikerun
on 10/26/14 8:34 pm

I am going to add to this list, as I have a few more. The medical databases are ones that can be accessed by medical libraries. PubMed/Medline is free and open to the public. You can find references that are pretty good there by doing google like searches. LabTestOnline is also open to the public. The information on there is pretty complete, its fast and easy. Medscape is also, but that requires a free login. It is reliable, more so than WebMD. However, the information and summaries come from doctors in a plain speaking summary. You'll find comments, sometimes the better thoughts come from them.

Medical Databases:

UpToDate

PubMed/Medline

StatRef!

Access Medicine

Clinical Key

Medscape

CINAHL

TRIP

LabTestsOnline

Practice Guidelines:

ClinicalKey

TRIP

Cochrane Database

Drug Information:

Access Medicine

ClinicalKey

Books:

Nutrition and bariatric surgery

August 19, 2014

Current Surgical Therapy

11th edition

Surgical management of obesity

978-1-4160-0089-1

Emergency medicine

July 17 2008

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

swimbikerun
on 10/26/14 10:23 pm

Congratulations on your project! I hope it turns out well. Let us know how it goes. If I can add anything let me know. Obviously, most of what we have access to is USA stuff.

I will be adding another book or so this list, once I get through them. I have 2 that I'm waiting to get sent to me. I know for Journals, the two I listed are the main ones, but I'll be adding some others. Those will be in terms of nutrition.

One of the areas I've not investigated a lot is pregnancy and bariatric surgery. I'll work on that once I finish getting a few other things uploaded.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.