New Here

karishka
on 10/25/14 1:30 pm

Hi Everyone!  I am new to this site, I just joined today and I have a question.  I had sleeve surgery done on 10/09/14.  In the first 8 days,  I lost 16 pounds.  Since then, I haven't lost anything.  I started at 205 and now I am fluctuating between 189 and 191.  Is it normal that I haven't lost anything for 8 days?  I see everyone posting huge losses for the first few months.  I am not complaining,  just wondering if I am doing something wrong.   I am on pureed foods but I am getting about 80 grams of protien per day, I am getting in my water and averaging about 700-800 calories before exercise, which has been walking about 5 miles a day, but not all at once.  Any feedback is appreciated :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/14 2:05 am - TP. HCM, Vietnam

you need recommended by doctors.

karishka
on 10/26/14 2:50 am

Im not sure I understand. 

karishka
on 10/26/14 8:45 am

Does anyone know if this is normal?   Also,  am I supposed to be replacing the calories I burn during exercise? 

karishka
on 10/26/14 3:29 pm

Anyone? 

Jiliana2
on 10/27/14 1:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

With any bariatric surgery, most of us will see a good amount of loss for the first two or three weeks. And then...

Bam! The inevitable "three-week stall" hits. And our bodies sort of hold onto everything.

At least... according to the scale. When I had my three-week stall (and any one of a number of stalls after that!) I used other methods to gauge my loss. By taking photos each month, and by measuring various parts of my body, I could quickly tell that although the numbers on the scale were not changing, my body certainly was doing something! Because during my three week stall, I lost over 12" and I was absolutely thrilled by that.

So I would suggest using other ways to judge your loss. Maybe your clothes are looser. Maybe your waist has shrunk.

if you are exercising already and doing 5 miles per day, then you're doing fine. No, there's usually no need to replace the calories burned by exercise, unless you are going hard core with your exercise and training for a marathon or doing a boot camp or something.

If you are getting in your water and your protein, and sticking to 600-800 cals per day, you're going to do fine. Keep up the good work. It WILL all sort itself out.

P.S. Do a search on these forums (magnifying glass on the upper right side) for "three-week stall" and you'll see you are definitely NOT the first to experience this!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Member Services
on 10/28/14 6:08 am - Irvine, CA