Struggling.....almost 3 weeks post VSG and really struggling

newmomjc
on 10/21/14 1:36 am

I am struggling on everything.....im stuck at 33 lbs lost.....im emotional as all get out.....i don't know what to eat that won't make me sick.....HELP!!!!

Tracy D.
on 10/21/14 2:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm sorry you're struggling emotionally.   "Stuck" at 33 lbs. lost after 3 weeks...honey, I'm not sure what planet you live on but that is a TON of weight in 3 weeks and you're not "stuck".   Surely you've read a million postings on the dreaded "3-week stall", right?  If not, go do a search on here for that topic and educate yourself about why your body takes a bit of a pause after 3 weeks.  But you are not "stuck", OK? 

As for advice on what to eat that won't make you sick, we'll need a lot more information about what you ARE eating and HOW it's making you sick.   My doctor's advice was to always go back a step and advance my diet more slowly if what I was doing was making me ill.   Not getting enough water can also make you sick.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

White Dove
on 10/21/14 4:11 am - Warren, OH

For about three months I ate very little and survived on protein shakes.  I know at Christmas I had a one inch square of turkey and eight pieces of corn.  That was huge meal for me and I had just passed two months.  By six months out, I could eat a salad and about three ounces of beef filet.  At eighteen months I could eat half of a subway sandwich and can still do that at seven years out. 

You have just had surgery on your stomach and it needs time to heal.  Take your time and let your body heal and adjust.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Willie H.
on 10/21/14 5:06 am
VSG on 08/26/14

All I can say is "been there, done that" Listen to these people on these boards. I'm about at 8 weeks (Aug 26, 2014) and have been through what you are going through. The left side belly pain-including the 3/4 week stall. I myself was "stuck" at about 30 lbs around 3 weeks. It went away and I lost more weight. Then around 5/6 weeks I actually gained weight-due to taking in so much sodium. Last week I could not swallow much or keep much down-today I am ok again. It's live and learn, live and learn! Just work the program and the weight will come off. Stay to these boards where these wonderful experienced people will encourage you, give you strength, and let you fly under their wings. No doubt I will have a concern, stall, problem, etc again-it's part of the experience. But I know I'm not alone-there are so many here to help me, and in turn I'll eventually try to help others. Our experiences are not unique, but shared by thousands on these forums! One suggestion I will give you;We are not as hungry as we think we are-don't try to force any food down. Don't try to advance faster than the program allows. Stick to the liquids, pureed, soups, etc. And when you do eventually eat-chew thoroughly!!!! Admittedly for me, it appears as if the first 6 weeks are the hardest, but you'll get through each week, day by day. 

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Queen_Tatiana
on 10/21/14 12:29 pm

Can you tell us what you are eating and drinking so we can hopefully offer you some suggestions?

Mari     

WLS 12/27/04 260lbs; CW 136lbs; 5'6