Lactose Intolerance after RNY

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/20/14 10:53 am

Not only i have lactose intolerance, but i also developed dairy allergy - dairy proteins,shoo any dairy products- like cheese, yogurt, whey, even butter are out.  I can love And get enough proteins. It is what out is.  It sucks. But i deal with that. 

Verify that you are just lactose intolerant, and not have a general dairy allergy. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Trouble1391011
on 10/21/14 2:16 am

I've been lactose intolerant my whole life so I am pretty used to it.  You can buy Lactaid milk (whole, 2%, 1% or skim) although I recommend the store brands as they are cheaper and usually better than the name brand.  Also, they have lactaid chewables if you don't want to swallow more pills.  I think the standard is 30 min before you eat?  There are also pills you can buy.  I can get them at my grocery store with all the vitamins and whatnot :)  Good luck!

Madre524
on 10/23/14 3:44 am

Thanks all.  I bought lactase capsules at the market and they seem to be working so far.