All you can eat sushi! BAD IDEA!

Lisarn1
on 10/19/14 7:32 am - Raleigh, NC

I can so relate to loving food! I consider myself a foodie. I love to cook and watch others enjoy my creations. What helps me the most is to incorporate healthy options throughout each component while bringing out various depths of flavor. I incorporate visual appeal through color, scent, flavor to pique interest. When I sit down to my meal (alas, for the next several months I will be working towards these goals again), I then have the freedom of choosing what appeals to me, as well as meeting my personal dietary needs. 

I try to take an attitude that food is there, not only for meeting nutritional needs, but also to experience. Nothing is off the menu, but everything is a choice. This conscious choice takes away the belief that we are depriving ourselves.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

dccyr
on 10/19/14 6:59 am

One of the things I chose to do even before I made the decision to have surgery was to never eat at an "all you can eat" place. If someone wants to go, I choose not to go.  It is not a good place for me to be, ever!

Krys H.
on 10/19/14 7:56 pm - hemet, CA

Mmmm i want sushi

chris_ruff
on 10/20/14 1:11 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

the VSG won't fix the part of you that wants to binge. i was/am a binge eater. therapy has helped and i haven't had a full on binge in quite some time. your feelings of deprivation aren't about food. i'm not a psychologist but i play one on tv. you're not alone in this, many of us have dealt/are dealing with it. but you do need professional help. or consider 12 Step. its sad that you are still planning to binge after you have the VSG. it doesn't have to be that way. you can renegotiate your relationship with food. trust and believe that if you don't do anything about it, 2 yrs after you have the VSG, you will gain your weight back. 

--Christina
GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/20/14 5:22 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On October 20, 2014 at 8:11 AM Pacific Time, chris_ruff wrote:

the VSG won't fix the part of you that wants to binge. i was/am a binge eater. therapy has helped and i haven't had a full on binge in quite some time. your feelings of deprivation aren't about food. i'm not a psychologist but i play one on tv. you're not alone in this, many of us have dealt/are dealing with it. but you do need professional help. or consider 12 Step. its sad that you are still planning to binge after you have the VSG. it doesn't have to be that way. you can renegotiate your relationship with food. trust and believe that if you don't do anything about it, 2 yrs after you have the VSG, you will gain your weight back. 

I agree completely.  Bingeing isn't about being a foodie.  It's about filling a hole somewhere in your psyche.  I'm a compulsive/binge eater and that is the hardest thing I struggle with even now post surgery.  Until you deal with that demon, it will sabotage your ability to be successful.  You should stop thinking about how you'll manage to find ways after surgery to continue the self-destructive behaviors that made you fat.  It's a downward spiral, my friend.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tracy D.
on 10/20/14 1:47 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

If you are already "planning" on bingeing every couple months post-op then you are headed straight for failure, my friend.  Get yourself into some therapy, listen to the other people on here who are kindly telling you to get real about your issues, and check out Overeater's Anonymous.  

This surgery is NOT going to fix your desire to overeat and eventually you'll get to a point post-op where it's a whole lot easier to do so...and you will...and you will gain weight...quickly.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 9:07 pm - RIVERDALE, NJ

Thank you I am currently in therapy 1x per week and I do na because on top of being a food junky im also a recovering heroin addict....I dont try to project but the truth is I dont want to over eat every couple months it just seems to happen so If i say it wont Im just lying to my self....ive never met another person trying to loose weight never mess up here and there...Well thanks for all the input guys!  One thing i do have to say its been harder getting back on track since then!  Its progress not perfection