Finally have my Surgery Date....and now I'm concerned

ANGELINA6501
on 10/17/14 2:55 am
VSG on 12/16/14

I met with my surgeon yesterday and we chose December 16th as my surgery date! She wanted me to have two additional tests done; a CAT scan of the abdomen - due to all of the inflammation and pain that I have in my abdomen, and an EGD to figure out where the stomach polyps and erosions are. I wanted the EGD because I was worried that the polyp would be right on the staple line and cause problems (Not that I have heard this, but just me over-thinking and worrying!) After all of that comes back ok, and insurance has approved the surgery, I'll be all set.

I'm not sure how I feel. My mindset has been just one day at a time, so to actually have a set date seems unreal. In 2 months, I will be sleeved. It is becoming more real as time gets closer and I hope I have the courage to go through with it. I am not having second thoughts, just lots of concerns and my emotions are kind of all over the place. I'm on the verge of tears now, but I don't know why exactly. :(

I need to focus on the positive things that will happen after surgery and all the NSV's that WILL occur! I know that my life will not be perfect when I am thinner and healthier, but I have this thing where I think that everyone who is thin has a perfect life. I realize that is not the case, but it has been a thought that has stuck with me since childhood - all the popular girls were skinny and they had perfect everything so in my mind, this is how it is. But I can separate this thought from reality, because when I was thinner (never thin, but smaller), my life was not perfect. But it was easier to move around, have sex, shop for clothes (although that has always been somewhat difficult - I'm picky!) and all those other things that I am striving for. I am seeing a therapist regularly so hopefully she can help me through this as well.

Anyone else having surgery on or around December 16th? I'd love to hear from you and how you are getting along so far.

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

Member Services
on 10/17/14 7:07 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery date.  What a wonderful holiday gift you'll give to yourself!

It is common to have a roller coaster of emotions.  Check out the VSG message board for other members that have had the Sleeve. 

All the best of luck to you!

AmbeyJ
on 10/17/14 11:38 pm
with

I am 4 days post op!  Honestly, I am so busy just trying to get my fluids and vitamins in and adjust to life, I havent had much time to worry about these things!  No one has a perfect life, its just how you portray yourself to the world.  You are going to be fine.  Take it one day at a time and remember, even bad days have happy moments

ANGELINA6501
on 10/18/14 3:25 pm
VSG on 12/16/14

Thank you!

~Angela

southerngirl2014
on 10/18/14 11:49 pm

I'm scheduled for December 15th! I'm a little nervous but mostly excited about beginning this new journey.  I'm hoping to lose about 25 lbs before my surgery with diet and exercise which would put me at 280 pre-op.  

southerngirl2014
on 10/18/14 11:49 pm

I'm scheduled for December 15th! I'm a little nervous but mostly excited about beginning this new journey.  I'm hoping to lose about 25 lbs before my surgery with diet and exercise which would put me at 280 pre-op.  

ANGELINA6501
on 10/19/14 6:57 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Hey Southerngirl!  Good Luck with your surgery and I hope you reach your pre-op goal!

Almost on the Loser's Bench!

~Angela

clo1963
on 10/19/14 9:44 am

I wil be sleeved on 12/23/14 I can't wait. My biggest concern is the 2 weeks prior to surgery.