Ridiculed in public

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/19/14 6:38 am - OH

Interesting article, Val!

despise cell phones at dinner.  I turn mine off and expect the people that I dine with to do the same (or at least to ignore it if they get a text or a call).  I would also be quite offended if someone I was at dinner with was playing games on their phone rather than talking to me...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 10/19/14 10:25 am - OH

It drives me nuts when I'm dining with someone and they keep playing with their phone, too.  But if the OP's husband doesn't mind, then why should we care if she plays on her phone when having dinner with him?  It's certainly not the place of wait staff to tell customers if they can or can't play with their phones during a meal.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/19/14 11:52 am - OH

Agreed.  I don't care one way or the other since I wasn't there, and clearly it wasn't like the place was swamped and the staff were frustrated because they wanted to turn over the table.

This is one of those cases where I think it would be fascinating to see the situation unfold on video in order to see what happened from an objective point of view.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/19/14 7:07 pm - UK
On October 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

It drives me nuts when I'm dining with someone and they keep playing with their phone, too.  But if the OP's husband doesn't mind, then why should we care if she plays on her phone when having dinner with him?  It's certainly not the place of wait staff to tell customers if they can or can't play with their phones during a meal.

Agreed. But I wonder if they did!!  If a waiter singing behind the bar is a personal attack on the OP......?  Look at the other extreme. Woman orders food. Eats 3 mouthfuls, plays with phone, rushes to bathroom, eats 3 mouthfuls, rushes to bathroom, plays with phone.  Concerned staff go over to ask if everything is OK, both with th food and with her. She says it is. Only conclusion if everything is fine is that her phone is more important than the food the restaurant has worked to make nice. Inappropriate comment from waiter to effect that the phone is more important to her then the food. Poor joke, shouldn't have been made. 

Not saying it happened like that but it is just as possible and, dare I say it, more likely!! Waiters who are rude lose their jobs!!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 10/19/14 6:04 am - Vancouver, WA

I thinks me smells a troll!

grayC
on 10/19/14 7:24 am
VSG on 05/01/13

DING!!! DING!!!! DING!!!!

NAIL ON HEAD..I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING..

COULD'NT EVEN GET THRU THE POST!!

saterry
on 10/19/14 9:06 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Winner, Winner chicken dinner !!!!

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

56sunShine14
on 10/20/14 1:47 am

I thought this also!  Just the incessant vomiting whether sleeved or banded (and I did vomit a lot with the band), was a major red flag.  If not a troll, definitely someone who needs to see a therapist.

However, if this is true, I would have left immediately if I were treated that rudely.  And I would have a few choice words for my hubby for staying quiet about it, AFTER I spoke my mind!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Member Services
on 10/20/14 1:13 am - Irvine, CA

Posts have been removed from this thread for personal attacks.  

Personal attacks are not allowed pursuant to our Terms Of Services.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to, name-calling, being hateful, threatening, harassing, insulting, malicious or attacking a member personally rather than challenging a member's views or position in an appropriate and respectful way.  

Please keep comments on the subject, not on the person.

We appreciate your anticipated cooperation as an ObesityHelp member.   

Thank you,

Member Services

greensleeved
on 10/19/14 6:32 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162