Ridiculed in public

Kate -True Brit
on 10/19/14 2:23 am - UK

I have just realised you are banded. This is very, very wrong. Banded people should never ever only be able to eat two or three bites and should never take two hours for a meal.

This really is NOT how the band works, and a badly adjusted band usually leads to major damage.

You should be able to eat almost all foods and if you chew well, should be able to eat a sufficient portion in 20 minute. At that point (apart from social occasions), you should walk away from the table. The band should never physically stop you eating.  It sounds like yours is way too tight. This truly is a recipe for disastr. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

hollykim
on 10/19/14 3:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

she says in the. First couple of lines in her post thT she has the sleeve.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/19/14 3:06 am - UK
On October 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

she says in the. First couple of lines in her post thT she has the sleeve.

Guess that's why I assumed it! But in her latest posts, as Karen says, she says she is banded!! A year ago! 

No-one can not know which surgery she has had! Can they???  Couid this be a wind up merchant?! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Laura in Texas
on 10/19/14 3:15 am

In all her other posts she said she had the lap band. Did she forget? 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Laura in Texas
on 10/19/14 3:10 am

I also hope you are seeing a therapist. You seem to have a lot of issues to work through.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/19/14 3:59 am - OH

I agree with the others that seeing a therapist would be useful.  Although the staff were clearly "trying too hard" or being overly attentive because you were originally the only people in the restaurant, your reaction was extreme.  Throwing up because you were so upset and crying for so many hours is out of proportion to the incident that you describe.  As a mental health professional, I ink it sounds like the emotional issues that contributed to your obesity in the first place have not been dealt with yet.  If you are currently seeing a counselor, do you think it is helping?  If not, perhaps you should consider a different therapist.  If you are NOT currently seeing someone, please find someone who can help.  It sounds like you are extremely unhappy and struggling.

I am also concerned/confused that some of your posts indicate you have the lap band but this one says you have the sleeve, that you say you got salmon because you cannot eat seafood (salmon IS fish, which is seafood), that it takes you two hours to eat one very small meal, and that you think you can "never" drink because of your surgery. (Regardless of whether you have sleeve or band, your digestive system has not been altered the way it would be with RNY or DS, so if you choose not to drink that is great, but your surgery does not keep you from drinking).  There seems to be a lot of misinformation.

I think you should also go in to see your surgeon and  find out why it takes you so long to eat (it should take only 20-30 minutes), and to talk with him/her about what you are (and are not) eating (which I would hope you are working on with your therapist as well, as it is unusual to not be able to eat foods simply because of their color, and you are severely restricting your diet).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/19/14 4:15 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I don't eat in restaurants often but you should speak up for yourself if you felt that the staff was pestering you. They were probably being overzealous due to the lack of customers, but your reaction seems a bit much. You should never feel so bothered by anyone to the point of throwing up or crying or being that upset. You should probably see a therapist to help you deal with this.

The thing about the phone maybe try looking at it from their point of view for the moment. Occasionally looking at your phone for a message is one thing, but constantly looking at it thru out your meal would make me as an owner wonder why you're there, maybe that's why they kept pestering you. People go to restaurants not only to eat but enjoy the social experience of the place they're in & if you're constantly on your phone as an owner I might think that you're not enjoying yourself & I would take steps to rectify that situation.I'm not making excuses for them, but if I was an owner and saw someone constantly on their phone and not eating I might want to try to please you in some way to enjoy my restaurant. They fell short in your eyes obviously but try to see things from another point of view before allowing yourself to get so upset.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/19/14 4:27 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Please find a therapist.  Your reaction was over the top and inappropriate to the events.  I doubt that the employee's singing was a personal attack directed towards you.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/19/14 4:40 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On October 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM Pacific Time, geekMOnster, Purveyor of Fine Meats wrote:

Please find a therapist.  Your reaction was over the top and inappropriate to the events.  I doubt that the employee's singing was a personal attack directed towards you.

while I sing.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Valerie G.
on 10/19/14 5:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I agree with most of these replies, but also would like to add another dynamic of manners - especially in a restaurant that you made reservations for.  It's just downright rude to be playing on your cell phone during any meal, especially some place you made reservations.  Your cell phone delays cause delays in the time of the meal, thus making other patrons unable to eat at the time of their reservation.  This article gives a true account of how cell phones have affected the service at restaurants, and it's at the fault of the patrons, not the staff.

Cell phones doubling wait-times at restaurant

So keep that in mind, not only for the people you held up - but for the person sitting across from you that came there for your company, not to watch you tapping on your cell phone.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes