new vsg 10/6/14 need advice please in nc

wrap2mee
on 10/16/14 12:28 am

Week 2, I week, fighting trash  from the drugs given at hospital.G2 is making me sick on my stomach and my poo is runny. Need advice please!

Gwen M.
on 10/16/14 2:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Diarrhea is normal at this stage - liquid in, liquid out.  

As for liquids, try different temperatures.  Some people have better luck with warm or hot drinks, like tea or broth.  Some people have better luck with luke warm things.  Lots of people can't do cold drinks this early out.  

Work really hard at getting 40 ounces MINIMUM into your body every day to prevent dehydration.  Dehydration can cause nausea and vomiting and once the vomiting starts it can be hard to stop it without a trip to the ER for IV hydration.  Sip, sip, sip and get those liquids in.  And do experiment with temperatures, it can really help even though it might sound farfetched! 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

TheNewT
on 10/16/14 3:57 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Ohh the poo will be runny. I didn't trust gas. I went to the potty anytime I felt the need to release air or anything else b/c you never know what may...slip through.

Hopefully your NUT gave you different options for liquids. Try all of them. Try them at different temperatures. Ironically, I handled ice cold much better early out. Fast forward several weeks and I can't even do refrigerator cold. One of my tricks early on was to walk and sip at the same time. For me the walking helped the liquid move through that sleeve faster. Just try to stay hydrated and remember the agony of this week will soon be a distant memory.

Blithe1212
on 10/16/14 9:13 am
VSG on 03/05/14

It will be runny for a bit...after that stool softeners will be your best friend.  I had a terrible time drinking anything.  Warm decaf tea worked for me. And I drank no calorie protien. I doubled the powder so I got more protien.  I had a hard time eating or drinking for at least 3 months. Doc told me it was unusual but can happen.  Good luck!

wrap2mee
on 10/18/14 3:26 am
Thank you all so much!! I loving warm appplejuice unsweetened. And green tea decaffeinated. You made a newbie feel welcomed.