Nervous Nervous Nervous in Dallas Tx

MizzGucci
on 10/15/14 6:53 am - Dallas, TX

Hi, I'm new to this site (thanks to Google)& just actively started my journey a few days ago! Let me just jump to it, my first stumbling block was finding a Dr. who accepts my ins(Amerigroup Medicaid). Per Google less than 5% of Bariatric Surgeons take some form of Medicaid! But w/ Google & ObesityHelp, I found about 7 in the state which I have narrowed down to 1 & 1 for backup plan FYI, I found NONE in Dallas/Ft Worth area, most in Houston but I chose a Tyler tx location it's about 1:50min outside of Dallas. Which is a lot closer than Mexico which was an option if I was going to pay out of pocket

1. Babineau Hugh P MD Fac  Bariatrics Clinic
  2. 1100 E Lake St, Tyler, TX 75701
  3. (903) 593-0230   I had a visit w/ my PCP, did blood work& sign medical release form so she get my records from other Dr's that have seen me for weightloss, so she can submit  everything along with her referral to the Clinic! My thing is that I've been reading online that Medicaid MAY be stricter than private ins-hence a lot of initial approval denials! I really don't want to go thru the appeal process, but will. I'm so NERVOUS,is there anything I can do to make my claim look better to the ins co?

Sincerely, Gucci Asswell

Lady_K1126
on 10/15/14 7:14 am

Talk to the doctor's office.  They may have a coordinator who is familiar with the requirements for various insurance.  The office can then make sure you have "jumped through the hoops" needed to get approval.

HW:  360   CW: 291.8 GW:  170

Krys H.
on 10/15/14 3:27 pm - hemet, CA

I don't have medicaid but i have medi-cal which is state insurance. My surgeons office had a coordinator and knew eveything i needed to do. I had surgery this morning. 10/15/13. Lol im in hospital right now. Just stick with it and be diligent.  

TexasLady52
on 10/16/14 12:39 am
Revision on 06/10/14

Did you check with Barker Bariatrics there is Dallas?  I don't know if they take Medicaid but you can check with them.  I had to travel from West Texas to Dallas to have my surgery (600 miles).  They have a beautiful hospital that takes very good care of you.  Their staff is very friendly and helpful.