I HATE THE NEW WEBSITE MOST EVERYONE WE KNEW WAS BY A USERNAME

Johnny F.
on 10/13/14 4:54 pm - Dothan, AL

YOU CAN'T FIND ANY DAMN BODY ON HERE THE CHAT ROOM WAS A MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT THATS WHERE YOU COULD MEET EVERYDAY PEOPLE THAT KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE FEELING WHO EVER HAD THAT BRAINFART BIG FAT F TO THAT PERSON I LOVE THIS SITE AT ONE TIME...BUT I PROBALY WANT BE BACK VERY DISAPOINTED............ JOHNNY FLOYD

My Name Is Johnny Floyd its been years sin have been here  im  frm Dothan Alabama I use 2 b here all the time I was just inform there is no chat room I cant find any1 which sucks so if any of u remember me plz email me [email protected] . I would love to hear frm u

sincerely johnny     had my rny nov 28.2000   so plz feel free to comtact me thanks

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/13/14 10:31 pm - OH

I never used the chat function, but I have been here since 2007 and can tell you that there are VERY few people -- but a handful of is -- who stay here more than a couple of years.  (Even those who experience some regain after a few years pop back on to ask for advice and then disappear again.) So, unfortunately, if you are looking for someone who was here in 2000, you probably aren't going to find them.

You could make some new friends, though...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

White Dove
on 10/13/14 11:04 pm - Warren, OH

With your years of experience you can now help people who are new to surgery.   Chatrooms are something that was dying out before Facebook became popular.  Now people go to Facebook or Twitter for the kind of interaction that used to happen in a chatroom.

ObesityHelp still has discussion forums and people who participate.  I come on to keep myself motivated and to sometimes give back to others.  We still have usernames and form friendships with each other. 

If you need a hand, I have two.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Member Services
on 10/14/14 1:21 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Johnny,

We are sorry you are so disappointed the chat room is  no longer available. As the members have shared it was something that very few utilized and had moved on to private groups and posting on the forums.  We hope you stick around and pay it forward to others as your experience is something everyone would like to hear about.

We advise you to remove your personal email address from your signature line area.  Members can contact you via our Private Messaging feature.  

Regards,

Member Services

hollykim
on 10/14/14 6:37 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM Pacific Time, Johnny F. wrote:

YOU CAN'T FIND ANY DAMN BODY ON HERE THE CHAT ROOM WAS A MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT THATS WHERE YOU COULD MEET EVERYDAY PEOPLE THAT KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE FEELING WHO EVER HAD THAT BRAINFART BIG FAT F TO THAT PERSON I LOVE THIS SITE AT ONE TIME...BUT I PROBALY WANT BE BACK VERY DISAPOINTED............ JOHNNY FLOYD

you snooze,you lose. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/14/14 8:16 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Chatrooms died with paying $2.95 per minute for AOL back in the 1990s.

Sorry that the lack of chatrooms on OH rocked your world.  Most of us have learned that board life is a viable alternative.  It's a brave new world, my brotha.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220