Two-week, liver shrinking diet

MissJuly22
on 10/16/14 10:34 pm

I am on my first week of the two-week liver shrinking diet before my surgery on Friday, October 31.

As I understand it, I can have 2 shakes, 2 liver shrinking snacks, and one lean and green meal a day. I will then have to do 5 liver shrinking shakes the week before surgery.

Is a chicken salad for the lean and green portion ok? Grilled chicken with mixed kinds of lettuce? Is clear liquid soda ok? I saw that Sprite was an approved drink somewhere in my literature ... I'm just not certain.

I will say I've had my shake this a.m. I ate half my approved snack and I am EXHAUSTED. I'm certain this is a sugar detox phase but I am praying it gets easier!

Valerie G.
on 10/17/14 12:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This "Lean and Green" terminology isn't common across the board, so I wouldn't expect many knowledgeable answers.  Just stick to whatever your documentation says.  I personally would recommend against any sugary beverages if you're trying to lose weight.  Sugar is absorbed fastest, and sugary beverages are empty calories, like 100+ for no nutritional value at all.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MissJuly22
on 10/17/14 3:28 am

Thanks!

ChelieV
on 10/17/14 1:16 am - NJ
VSG on 10/28/14

I am on day 5 of my two week pre-op diet. I have a Unjury shake with Skim Plus milk in the morning. I sip on an Isopure Zero Carb protein drink throughout the morning. I have the Unjury protein chicken soup for lunch. I drink water throughout the afternoon. For dinner I have a 4-6 oz. lean protein, 1/2 to a cup of vegetables.In the evening I work on getting water in - usually with Crystal Light, and for a snack, I have a piece of fruit or a sugar free popsicle.

I feel good (not hungry) and am okay having the same thing most days. I just switch up the flavors of the shake and protein drinks and what I have for dinner. I am determined to do this and find it is not so bad.

Good luck to you!

Chelie

i    

VSG 10/28/14 by Dr. Marc Bessler at Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/14 2:14 am
RNY on 11/17/14

How is the Zero Carb Isopure? I bought a variety pack, but I haven't tried them out yet because I'm saving them for my week-long clear liquid diet and after surgery. Do you dilute them or are you drinking them full flavor?

ChelieV
on 10/17/14 4:51 am - NJ
VSG on 10/28/14

I drink them as is - no dilution. My favorites are the apple melon, coconut, banana orange pineapple, and alpine punch.

I bought them online from Vitamin Shoppe. The cases are on sale this month and on Columbus Day they offered an additional 14.92% off. I ordered them Monday and got them on Wednesday. Thank goodness that it was free shipping, too - the cases are heavy.

Chelie

i    

VSG 10/28/14 by Dr. Marc Bessler at Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ

MissJuly22
on 10/17/14 3:27 am

Thanks!

C H
on 10/17/14 2:37 am

hi, just curious what liver shrinking snacks are on your list?

MissJuly22
on 10/17/14 3:26 am

It's a line called KetogenX that's sold at the little store where my doctor is located. I think I have this line of protein shakes and I also read where there are KetogenX bars too. I just have the KetogenX crisps.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/14 5:00 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

hey what suergon you using?