SWITCHING SURGEONS??? DR PATEL in Vorhees NJ or DR Puragi in West Orange NJ

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/14 2:30 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Hey guys I go meet with another suergon next week.  I started the process with Dr Patel I like him as a doctor but cant deal with his office.  I have all my requirments for horizon nj health for approval and pretty much all thats required from the suergon.  I go meet with Dr Puragi next week since he is closer to my house and the Dr Patel is about 2 hours away.  I live in North jersey thats down south.  Now I just started doing research on Dr Puragi and now I'm scared ****less.  Do I go with him since he will do it sooner or wait the additional 3 months with the first doctor?  Only thing holding me up is they want me to see there nut another 2 times 1 more in november than december then they will put in for approval...So confused I need some suggestions I dont want to choose a suergon just being that its sooner Im really not trying to die!  Thanx!!

Gwen M.
on 10/16/14 2:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

What is wrong with Patel's office?  

One thing I've realized from reading the forums for over a year (which, I know, still makes me a noob) is that getting surgery faster isn't always better.  A lot of people who rush through the pre-op process are the people who are asking a billion questions post-op that they really should have figured out pre-op.  I'm not saying this is the case for everyone, but it's a trend I've noticed.  

So if your only problem with Patel is that you'd need to wait an extra 3 months, I say do that.  Use that 3 months to do every single bit of research you can possibly do so that you'll be prepared once you wake up in your hospital room.  

If there are other problems with Patel, though, it might be worth switching for another reason!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/14 2:46 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Very well said...Dr Patel the women who handles the process of submiting to the insurance refuses to do it with out me doing the other 2 nut visits...even the the dr said yes to go agaid.   I really like him as a doctor it sucks when the ppl in the office dictate what doctor to use.  She was so nasty to me treated me horrible BUT I like the doctor so I dont know 

Gwen M.
on 10/16/14 3:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you talked with the doctor about what this woman is saying?  Perhaps there's just a miscommunication between the two of them?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CelticRavens
on 10/16/14 4:22 pm
RNY on 12/19/16

Ultimately it's up to you to decide what your priorities are. Do you want to start over with another surgeon at this point in your journey? Yes, he's closer, it would be sooner, but are those the most important things in your mind?

IMHO ... If you have confidence in him as your surgeon then I'd say stay with him. Do let him know how you were treated though. He may have no idea what this woman has done to you, and may be doing to other patients.

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

HarvestMoon1974
on 10/18/14 12:53 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

If you're willing to travel to Monmouth County, I highly recommend Dr Adeyeri. He has offices in Holmdel and Freehold. He is a truly wonderful surgeon, and has an amazing office staff. He wasn't my original bypass surgeon, but he performed my revision, and I have nothing but good things to say about him. I have healed very well since my revision, which was performed due to complications from the bypass. Dr Adeyeri is extremely knowledgeable, patient, kind, and willing to explain things in detail. He also took the time to make sure my husband understood exactly what he was going to do, and why it needed to be done. I now have a surgeon that I feel very comfortable going to for any future general surgery needs, for myself or my family, as well as bariatrics.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.