MommyOfTaeya Update

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 12:57 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Hey everyone!

It's been just 6 days since I last updated but I have somethings to share today (tonight?).

First off, after my surprising approval, I had to email my case manager at the surgeons office and let her know I was approved. After a day of wait, my case manager emailed me back telling me that she verified my approval and that I needed to call the surgery care coordinator. I called the surgery care coordinator immediately with no answer. After calling a few more times, waiting through the weekend and Monday, and calling a few more times, I finally got a call back. She then discussed with me what all I needed to have done (Pre-op testing), the medications I will receive pre-op, and pre-op and post op diet. After, she told me to.... Get ready for it.... She told me to call the surgery scheduler and schedule my surgery! YAY! I called early in the morning on 10/14, no answer, left a voice mail, and got a call back later that day. So, wow, I got my surgery date yesterday. 

My surgery is scheduled for NOVEMBER 12TH!(:

I'm actually starting to get really nervous and scared but I'll handle it.  Haha

It was a lot of calling this past week, but in the end, I got my surgery date and I'm looking forward to it! I also just had my one-time-dietitian meeting and my sleep study done. I can't tell you how awful the sleep study was for me. Yuck. I haven't heard whether I have sleep apnea or not yet, but I might call tomorrow. All of my pre-op testing is done and now I just have to do my 2 week diet prior to surgery and then surgery day! I'm very excited. 

I guess that's all I can think of to update this time but I'm sure there will be more to say soon. 

That's all for this update so talk to you guys soon. Let me know how your journey (or adventure, rather) is going!! Comment your thoughts on this post!

(Nothing rude, please.)

xoxo,

MommyOfTaeya

NikkyBeauty
on 10/15/14 8:14 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Congrats and good luck with everything upcoming for you! My consultation is today 10/16/2014 im done with all pre/op testing just waiting on my endoscopy, hopefully I'll be celebrating a surgery date of my own soon! But Agian good luck! And keep us updated!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175