Angry, after surger? What is going on?

Sarah W.
on 10/13/14 4:56 am - Bel Air, MD
VSG on 05/28/13

Hello all!

It's been forever since I've been on. For another brief introduction. I'm Sarah, 31, from Maryland, one year and a half post-op from the sleeve. I've lost about 80% of my excess body weight and am in a major stahl right now.

I don't know why, well I do, but it's complicated. It just seems everything gives me a bad taste in my mouth. I want everyone to understand how precious life is and how wonderful it is to be alive, but they do not do this.

Has anyone else felt this way (generally angry or annoyed with people)? What did you do?

-Sarah 

Sandie E.
on 10/13/14 5:11 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

I understand how you feel!  When I was checking into it, it appears that due to the excessive amount of estrogen that gets released as the fat cells are lost, that causes the mood swings.  :(  It is supposed to get better I hear!

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Sarah W.
on 10/13/14 9:54 am - Bel Air, MD
VSG on 05/28/13

I can't wait!!! 

Thank you for the information and reassurance!

Sarah

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/13/14 6:03 am

First few years I was put on Lexapro.. but I did not like the side effects.. I got myself off of that and now I try to limit my coffee...or tea.. gentle exercise.. and meditation.. good sex... and last but not least - I take 5-Http or tryptophan - that really helps to mellow me out...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sarah W.
on 10/13/14 9:56 am - Bel Air, MD
VSG on 05/28/13

Thank you for sharing! I'm going to bring it up to my PCP.

-Sarah

poet_kelly
on 10/13/14 6:49 am - OH

I have depression and PTSD and sometimes I get pretty irritable.  Usually happens when I'm under a lot of stress and all my depression and PTSD symptoms get worse.

If your surgery was 18 months ago, I'm not sure your anger has much to do with your surgery.  I'm guessing since you're posting about it, it's becoming a pretty big problem for you now.  If it's bothering  you a lot, you might want to talk to a therapist about it.  It's no fun to go around mad all the time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sarah W.
on 10/13/14 9:59 am - Bel Air, MD
VSG on 05/28/13

It's just a general frustration that hasn't gone away. At first I thought it was related to my new appreciation of life and ignorance of others. It's just a general negativity to things that used to make me happy and crappy feeling. 

-Sarah 

hollykim
on 10/13/14 8:55 am, edited 10/13/14 9:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM Pacific Time, Sarah W. wrote:

Hello all!

It's been forever since I've been on. For another brief introduction. I'm Sarah, 31, from Maryland, one year and a half post-op from the sleeve. I've lost about 80% of my excess body weight and am in a major stahl right now.

I don't know why, well I do, but it's complicated. It just seems everything gives me a bad taste in my mouth. I want everyone to understand how precious life is and how wonderful it is to be alive, but they do not do this.

Has anyone else felt this way (generally angry or annoyed with people)? What did you do?

-Sarah 

hormones are stored in fat so if you are still losing,it could be that. Wanting everyone else in your world to feel the way you feel is taking things a bit far. Why can't people just feel the way they feel.? How is this affecting you? Sounds like some therapy might help you work thru some of these feelings. 

I don't think this level of anger is necessarily normal.

Sarah W.
on 10/13/14 10:00 am - Bel Air, MD
VSG on 05/28/13

I'm not loosing right now. 

And it's the way I feel about appreciating life. 

I'm going to speak with my PCP. 

Jen Lyn
on 10/13/14 10:02 am
RNY on 11/11/13

EVERYONE annoys me if I spend enough time with them. I have to be alone at times. I have gone places alone because I couldn't stand to be annoyed.

It hit me 7 months out that I want different friends because I am tired of feeling stuck in the old ways.