Almost 1 month post op (VSG) and I'm at a stand-still on losing weight.

britpotthoff87
on 10/15/14 11:53 pm

Hello. I am almost 4 weeks post op. Total weight loss since my 2 week pre-op diet is 22lbs @ 241 and I cannot seem to get past this number to save my life. I've been stuck at the weight for almost a week now. I've been following my diet and exercising  at least 3 times a week. I am eating more solid foods, but it's healthy stuff like tuna or cottage cheese, avocados, tilapia, etc. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Will I always stay this weight or will I continue to pour off the weight like I did at the beginning? When I had this surgery I had in mind that I would lose more than just 10lbs (post op) this far out. Has anyone else experienced this post VSG? 

ladygodiva1228
on 10/16/14 12:30 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On October 16, 2014 at 6:53 AM Pacific Time, britpotthoff87 wrote:

Hello. I am almost 4 weeks post op. Total weight loss since my 2 week pre-op diet is 22lbs @ 241 and I cannot seem to get past this number to save my life. I've been stuck at the weight for almost a week now. I've been following my diet and exercising  at least 3 times a week. I am eating more solid foods, but it's healthy stuff like tuna or cottage cheese, avocados, tilapia, etc. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Will I always stay this weight or will I continue to pour off the weight like I did at the beginning? When I had this surgery I had in mind that I would lose more than just 10lbs (post op) this far out. Has anyone else experienced this post VSG? 

Sounds like you have hit the three week stall. 

Stay off the scale it will drive you crazy.  Everyone loses weight at a different rate and depending on how much you have to lose in total will affect the amount also.

Someone who has 200lbs to lose vs 100lbs will lose weight quicker. 

Just relax and follow your surgeons plan and you will do just fine.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

britpotthoff87
on 10/16/14 1:54 am

Thanks for the encouragement, definitely needed :)

Tracy D.
on 10/16/14 1:24 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Do a search on here for "3-week stall" and you will get a million hits.  Read all the information and you will see that you are not that "special snowflake" that never, ever loses another pound - I promise! :-)  Some people hit this point at 4 weeks or 5 weeks but the weight loss ALWAYS starts up again.  

Stay calm and take measurements....those will change! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

britpotthoff87
on 10/16/14 1:53 am

Thank You. So glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this and it's "normal" :)

Willie H.
on 10/16/14 4:03 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Funny! At about the three-four week period I write to this forum panicking-thinking I was different and would not lose weight. I was told the same thing-about the 3/4 week stall because we are starting to eat solid food again and the body has to adjust. Now it is 4 weeks later and I've lost about 11 lbs since. Of course I also went through my weight gain at about 6 weeks and again I came panicking to this forum. I was helped to realize that my weight GAIN was from taking in a LOT of sodium from soups, Gatorade, pretzels, and lunch meat in my anti-pasto salad! Earlier I was concerned with my belly pain, and I was helped to handle that. This forum is a lifesaver! Listen to these experience people!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

angel720
on 10/16/14 1:43 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

I think we have failed at weight loss so many times we are just scared this will not work for us and panic!  I appreciate everyone's  help and encouragement ! 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

Poodlemac
on 10/16/14 2:22 pm, edited 10/16/14 2:23 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I am at 3 weeks tomorrow and been stalled all week for the most part. This morning Im back down a couple but not counting it!  Nerve wracking!  I get it. I'm glad you asked this because I've felt very high maintenance on this forum lately! (Im stuck at the same weight you are!  Maybe it's a jinxy number or something!)