Can anyone give me clarification? I'm post op

FreshStart_2014
on 10/16/14 12:03 am

I'm eating the whole cup of yogurt. :-/

since I was always a yo-yo dieter I know my body is like "wait, what's going on here again" I misspoke as of today I checked my calendar it's been 5 days since I haven't seen the scale move. But I'll hang tight & fight the good fight! What is RNY?

Appreciate your response. Thank you.

FreshStart-2014

FreshStart_2014
on 10/16/14 12:03 am

I'm eating the whole cup of yogurt. :-/

since I was always a yo-yo dieter I know my body is like "wait, what's going on here again" I misspoke as of today I checked my calendar it's been 5 days since I haven't seen the scale move. But I'll hang tight & fight the good fight! What is RNY?

Appreciate your response. Thank you.

FreshStart-2014

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/16/14 1:40 am - OH

Is there a reason everything you post is here three times?!?  Sorry, but it is annoying.

You are NOT at going to lose weight very single day, or even every single week!  If you worry about going just two days without losing any weight, you are in for a very long and discouraging road.  What are you going to do when you go two MONTHS without losing anything?!?

As long as you are following your surgeon's guidelines for what to eat and how much, don't fret.  Pease follow YOUR surgeon's plan and NOT what someone here tells you to eat because almost every surgeon has their own version. My surgeon, for example, has her patients  back on soft foods on Day Three post-op and I was eating moist chicken by the time I am where you are.  Some surgeons require liquids for over a month and some say no more than an ounce of food at a time!

Follow your surgeon's guidelines and don't fret so much.  Focus on changing your eating habits and how you think about food rather than focusing on the scale.  It is those new eating habits and a new approach to food that will help you keep the weight off once how fast you lost it in the first place is completely irrelevant.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

FreshStart_2014
on 10/16/14 2:00 am

I was just wondering the same thing why my posts are in triplicate????

yeesh. I'll see if I can call someone @ the site. Sorry for the annoyance 😔

FreshStart_2014

FreshStart_2014

NYMom222
on 10/29/14 3:57 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hi just saw your response. Hope things are going better. RNY = Roux- en- Y = Gastric bypass

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Trouble1391011
on 10/16/14 1:11 am

I'm 2.5 weeks post OP fror RNY (Gastric Bypass).  My doc said 64oz of liquid a day, although I usually get in about 35oz or so.  I wasn't a big drinker before surgery so getting that much in at this point is huge for me, but they want me to keep building on it.  I am allowed to have 1/2 scrambled egg and 1/2 piece of toast, mashed potatoes, yogurt, and all the other liquid diet stuff up until this point.  I am really picky eater (always have been) so I don't like most of what I can have.  I have eggs and potatoes 3x a day.  Once I can get back to veggies, fruit and meat, I will do better :)  Also, stalls are totally normal.  My loss has slowed down a lot.  I lost about 22lbs the first week and 6 in the 1.5 weeks after that.  We will get there, even if it takes a while :)

FreshStart_2014
on 10/16/14 1:26 am

Thank you so much. My mind is at ease now. I don't feel so alone. Really appreciate it. 

FreshStart-2014

FreshStart_2014
on 10/16/14 1:26 am

Thank you so much. My mind is at ease now. I don't feel so alone. Really appreciate it. 

FreshStart-2014