Would you have had weight loss surgery if you knew then what you know now?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/16/14 11:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hockeymom8016
on 10/16/14 9:42 pm - NJ

When you are reading regrets posts and posts from people who have problems you are hearing from a minority of people.  For each person that complains there are hundreds (possibly thousands) of successful post ops who are out living their lives and not posting on this site. Additionally, people are more likely to complain than come here and post "I had surgery and am happy I did". That is just human nature.

angellady122370
on 10/16/14 5:10 am

Thank you so much for all the answers. I am just so tired of being a yoyo dieter. I was on wl meds and when I came off them i gained my weight back. When i was on them I lost weight but it is not a permanent fix. I pray I make the right decision. Ty all!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/14 10:12 pm

This was the best gift I have given to myself.I don't regret it at all.I did have a hernia but I know that was from being obese.It is fixed now. I would say I wish I had it done earlier in life so I would have been more active with my kids.

There are so many good things that I can do now that I couldn't before.Just walking around was a hassle.Shopping I loved but could never buy anything when Lane Bryant got moved out of the mall.Going into a regular store to buy clothes feels so good.

One thing also is when I used to go for my yearly mamo every year it would hurt so bad the squishing  my breasts in  the machine.Well it didn't hurt at all.It was so much faster.I didn't have to wait.I asked the girl are you sure you did this right.

I do feel so much better than I did before.I do go to therapy two times a month to keep myself in check. I do come to this website for encouragement on a daily basis.Not that you have to but there are so many people who have had the surgery years ago and are leading normal lives.Who are here to help.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/16/14 5:27 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Yes, I would.  I can't believe how much better I feel.  I only wish I had done this sooner.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

karenp8
on 10/16/14 6:59 am - Brighton, IL

I would have had my RNY sooner if I had known how much better I would feel. When I had surgery over 2 years ago I was diabetic,had high blood pressure and high triglycerides and was in constant knee and back pain. I had been obese my whole life even as a child. Today I am a normal sized person with normal blood sugars and cardiac labs too. I am off my cholesterol meds and down to one low dose blood pressure pill. I feel like a new person and no longer have back or knee pain. Now I have walk 4 miles a day and love my new healthy life! Wish I had done it sooner!

Dejah H.
on 10/16/14 7:00 am - Central, TX

I would absolutely do it again. Good luck to you! 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

kkaine
on 10/16/14 7:52 am
RNY on 03/24/14 with

I would have done it much much sooner!

Nikke2003
on 10/16/14 9:02 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I absolutely would do it again..... I would do it annually if I had to... I'm living my life now instead of sitting on the sidelines

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Valerie G.
on 10/16/14 12:01 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I would have my DS over and over again.   I am 9 years out

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes