finally got a date!

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 3:24 pm - warren, MI

I feel like it has takin forever to get to this point and a lot of work but finally have a date november 20th!!!! =)

Sandie E.
on 10/14/14 3:42 pm - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Yay!!! It will be here before you know it! Stay on track and just get as prepared as you can!

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Nantyfo
on 10/15/14 12:15 am - United Kingdom

Hey you - firstly well done! Must be an amazing feeling!  Secondly, I am new here, and I was just wondering if you would mind sharing a bit of some of the stages that you have been through?  I was recently referred by my GP and have done my initial survey, but now am likely to have to wait until new year to hear anything, and I don't have much of an idea of what to expect next!

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 2:38 pm - warren, MI

First I went online and found a surgeon and called then they sent me to their orientation class because of my insurance i had to be down at least one pound a month for 6 months and my surgeons office gave me a form to have my PCP fill out every month all I had to do was get weighted and my dr wrote it on the form and faxed it over to the surgeon for me. then I had to go for a psych eval and sleep study I ended up not doing the sleep study my surgeon waived it for me because I couldnt sleep. and the psych eval was a nightmare in the end I had to pay a friend of the family 250 dollars to see me and write it because I see a psychiatrist for mostly ADHD and minor anxiety but because it is run by the county they refused to write a letter of any kind to support the surgery or not support it they just wouldnt write a letter. so if your in therapy find out there policy before you disclose you are seeing someone because once they know if the place you go pulls anything like mine its a nightmare. then I had to have blood work an EKG and a Pulmonary function test take a 3 hour pre surgical class and then I got a final appt with the surgeon they sent it to my insurance company who approved it in 3 days and then I got to schedule a date. =)

MizzGucci
on 10/15/14 6:00 am - Dallas, TX

Congratulations! I jus started my journey today! Had my appt with my pcp today- did blood work & signed medical release forms so my pcp can send all my records (from other dr.s who have treated me for Weightloss) plus her referral to the bariatric clinic! Yes I'm that early in tha game- lol! Congratulations again & by Christmas you will b enjoying life at least 30lbs lighter! What a great gift:-)

Sincerely, Gucci Asswell

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 2:55 pm - warren, MI

ty everyone I am so excited to be to this point. now I kinda wish I was having surgery this month but I wanted to go out for halloween and my surgeon is out of town the first 2 weeks of november 

Member Services
on 10/16/14 4:36 am - Irvine, CA