lapband

Shell107
on 10/12/14 1:52 am - Hudson, NC

I dont see much on here about the lapband. Im 75 lbs overweight. Can somebody tell me about their experience?

poet_kelly
on 10/12/14 5:51 am - OH

You don't see much about it because not many people get the lapband anymore.  Many surgeons and some hospitals, including the Mayo Clinic, no longer place lapbands due to the high complication rate and low success rate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 10/12/14 5:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you go up to the forums link at the top of the page, select Lapband from the surgery types.  The lapband is falling in popularity because life-threatening complications are becoming uncomfortably frequent over the years and it's losing "less invasive" reputation.  The gastric sleeve (VSG) is also restriction-only, and gaining in popularity immensely as a replacement and "permanent solution" for many.  Go check them out the same way.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Nic M
on 10/12/14 7:59 am

I have nothing good to say about my experience with the lap band. It was the worst decision I ever made. 

I would not recommend it under any cir****tances. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Kate -True Brit
on 10/12/14 8:09 pm - UK

Not many banded people post on here. There are probably about ten or so of us still here. That doesn't mean there aren't happily banded people around! Just elsewhere! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

mcolombian30
on 10/12/14 8:50 pm

I'm going to try and have band surgery do to pre approval

mcolombian30 USA 

mcolombian30
on 10/12/14 8:50 pm

I'm going to try and have band surgery do to pre approval

mcolombian30 USA 

MsBatt
on 10/13/14 11:44 am

If you've been approved for WLS, then you qualify for ANY form of WLS. Research all your options and choose based on the sort of post-op life you want to live. Keep in mind that the Band has the lowest average success rate and the highest average re-operation rate.

Dejah H.
on 10/13/14 3:18 am - Central, TX

I have been banded since 2008, and it has been a good experience for me. 

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Cathy W.
on 10/13/14 3:37 am

Check out the Lap Band forum.