taste of bariatric fusion vanilla shakes

thecableguy
on 10/13/14 4:47 am

I am on day 2 of my liver reduction diet and chose chocolate moose and vanilla as my shake chosies. I was told I could add something to improve the taste of the vanilla in my workshop but cant remember what. she said something about orange to make it a creamsickle taste. any help in additions to the vanilla would be helpful. Thank You

Member Services
on 10/13/14 7:22 am - Irvine, CA

Hi thecableguy,

We did a search and here is a link to several posts about recipes and shakes.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=shake+ recipes&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A9

We hope this helps!

thecableguy
on 10/15/14 6:10 am

thank you this site helped emensly!!!!

poet_kelly
on 10/13/14 9:02 am - OH

Add some orange crystal light (just the powder, not mixed up with water) for a creamsicle taste.  Or you can add a spoonful of orange sugar free jello powder.

Try a spoonful of instant decaf coffee crystals for an iced vanilla latte kind of flavor.

Add a few drops of peppermint extract (in the baking aisle at the store) for a candy cane shake.

Add a spoonful of sugar free syrup, like they put in coffee drinks at Starbucks.  You can probably find caramel and a couple other flavors at the grocery store in the coffee aisle but you can order all kinds of flavors online.  I usually order mine from netrition.com because they have flat rate shipping.

Add a spoonful of sugar free pudding mix, like cheesecake or butterscotch.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

thecableguy
on 10/15/14 6:13 am

thank you I couldn't remember what they said I could add, the taste of the shakes does get a little boring. Surgery in 7 days. good luck poet_kelly!!

Chilipepper
on 10/14/14 2:59 am

Nectar Protein has a fantastic vanilla bean Torte. 

I have never used BF protein, but their supplements are fantastic. They have found a way to incorporate the calcium we need so all you are taking is 4 chewables a day

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White