Sweet tooth since surgery ?

BooBooKitKat
on 10/10/14 1:06 am
VSG on 08/21/14

i have had a sweet tooth since surgery. I never had one before, is this normal?

MsBatt
on 10/10/14 2:33 am

The more sugar you eat, the more you want. Also, there are vitamin deficiencies that can cause sugar cravings.

jefferytmc
on 10/10/14 5:00 am

For me, it was the exact opposite (RNY).  I always had a sweet tooth before surgery, but since, everything is too sweet, the protein drink they gave me in the hospital tasted like I was drinking pure sugar and before that was not even an issue.  I will not eat a lot of things now because they are way too sweet.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

TheNewT
on 10/10/14 5:56 am
VSG on 08/04/14

I lost my sweet tooth. I desire none of the confections that I make so well!!! The "savory tooth" is in full gear. But that's OK because a great piece of bacon or chicken fixes that problem.

I would ask the NUT about something that would be good to eat during those times when the tooth is acting naughty. That way you will be prepared with a good food choice.

susan88
on 10/11/14 1:47 am
VSG on 08/08/14 with

I found the exact same thing!  I didn't get fat eating sweets.  Just plain eating too much and too many carbs.  I wasn't a cookie, candy person and prior to surgery I never ate anything sweetened.  Never deserts. Plain yogurt was delicious.

Well, after surgery unsweetened foods gag me.  I am adding stevia and sweeteners to my smoothies, etc.  It's crazy.  Why do I want things sweet now where before I was a sour puss?  its a 180 degree turn.