Gastric Sleeve BMI 31-37

LAZ
on 10/9/14 10:56 am

Thinking of Gastric Sleeve.  My BMI is 33 and I may have a surgeon who will do it.  Have others with this BMI been successful, short term and long term. What are your thoughts?  Thanks!

Bubblemaker
on 10/15/14 1:42 pm

I was just sleeved on 10/9/2014 I am 5'9 and my surgery weight was 197 I didn't do the surgery because I thought I was obese I did it to be happy mentally and physically I couldn't take the stress anymore.  Because I wasn't big I had a very easy recovery and am loving the sleeve already I don't have to think about food or weight yahoo!!!  if you have any questions I'm happy to help !! Good luck 

LAZ
on 10/15/14 3:25 pm

Wow thanks, that is it, the mental and physical thing.  My mother at this age plus the next 30 years struggled physically and I just don't want to go thru that.  Have my phone consultation today.  

LAZ
on 10/16/14 2:44 am

Have you had any problems?  

Bubblemaker
on 10/16/14 2:58 am

Not at all.  I am outside doing a two mile walk as I type lol. I am not afraid of care outside of the US my husband had lap band surgery in Tijuana 7 years ago hated his lap band so while we were there he had it removed and converted to a sleeve also.  He also had full knee replacement surgery done in India best decision we ever made he was playing softball 4 months out and a year later can do everything.  Most people who have knees done in the us struggle.  Plus I'm not a big Dr cuddle person I just want it done and to go home lol I have not taken pain pills since day two and feel awesome 1 week out.  I decided to do.this only about a month ago and was scheduled for surgery three weeks after my initial inquiry.  Let me know if I can help 

Bubblemaker
on 10/15/14 3:28 pm, edited 10/15/14 3:28 pm

Good luck I had MY surgery done in mexico they didn't care at all that I was on the low end of the bmi charts 

Member Services
on 10/16/14 3:00 am - Irvine, CA

Hi LAZ 

If you have not done so, be sure and post this on the VSG forum to reach out to those that have had the surgery you are interested in.

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)