removal recovery

km30381
on 10/8/14 3:27 pm

I will be having surgery to remove my lapband due to slippage.  Can someone give me an idea on recovery time for lapband removal?  I need to know how much time I will need off work.  My job is not strenuous at all.  Pretty much sit and answer phones all day.  

Thanks

Cathy W.
on 10/8/14 11:44 pm

You can cross this post on the Lapband message board and the Revision message board. 

Nic M
on 10/9/14 1:35 am

I felt much better after band removal... I think it was about a week and I was raring to go. Still had soreness from the incisions, but overall, it was like night and day. The relief was like nothing I'd ever felt before. Good luck to you with the removal. Hope it goes well. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Hislady
on 10/9/14 6:25 am - Vancouver, WA

I agree a week should be good unless they run into problems and hoping they don't!

56sunShine14
on 10/9/14 10:06 am

It only took me a couple to 3 days to be fairly normal.  Since your job is not strenuous, you should be good to go by then.  But your body is going to tell you as everyone heals and recovers differently.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

ccollura
on 10/9/14 12:22 pm
with

Hello !

I had my lap band removed on September 23, 2014.  I needed help to get in and out of a chair/bed the first three days.  I took the pain meds. for those three days, and then was able to just take over the counter pain meds.  It was really a very easy transition back into normal life.   I'd say within a week, you will be up and running   ;)    Good luck !