Surgery and Regret..

Stephen P.
on 10/8/14 3:25 pm - MA
VSG on 05/27/14

Hey there,

I wont sugar-coat it. The first week or so SUCKS. At least it did for me. The gas pains were brutal, the wondering if you made the right choice, the not being able to drink, etc....   Check out my blog. I was miserable and afraid and in pain.....  I am still a newbie at only just over 4 months out, but I PROMISE you, it gets better..... Like the other responders said, get up and walk as much as you can. It does help with the gas in your abdomen. In the meantime, just know that this will probably be the best decision you ever made in your life and before too long, you will look back on your blog and see how short this yucky period was. 

Congrats and hang in there !!

PS- You are a female, and females handle pain WAYYYYY  better than guys do! So if I made it, this will be a breeze for you! :)

SURGERY DATE:05-27-14//1st weigh-in,6-10-14: -45.1 lbs//2nd weigh-in,7-10-14: -24.0 lbs//3rd weigh-in,8-12-14:-27.6.// 4th weigh-in,9-27-14 -31.2//5th weigh-in,10-27-14: -13.6// 6th weigh-in,11-19-2014: -18// 7th weigh-in,12-27-14  -10// 8th weigh-in 01-26-15  -13.4// 9th Weigh-in 02-27-15   ???

TheNewT
on 10/8/14 10:17 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

As previously stated, you have to find something you can drink. Try all liquids at different temperatures. For liquids, I tried water, crystal lite, PowerAde Zero or Vitamin Water Zero. Try taking smaller sips of the liquid. At one point my sips were so small they were just wetting the tip of my tongue. Also try walking while you drink. This worked wonders for me. The walking helped the water pass easier and also moved that air.

Just know that every single day that passes will bring you closer to feeling human. I know it is hard to imagine only three days out but it is true. Hang in there and stay hydrated!

Belle Ink
on 10/9/14 7:09 am

It does get better and it gets easier to drink. I prefer room temp water and the sweet additives just didn't appeal to me at all. I would drink plain water in the morning and then add fresh lemon. It made all the difference for me.

Also when I felt really full, I would lean back in the recliner and gently rub my tummy. I don't know if it really helped, but it helped my feelings.  As others have said, walking is the only thing that will help the horrible gas pain.