Hard time getting it in.

1slusher1
on 10/11/14 12:53 pm

Hi everyone I am 10 days out and am having a hard time getting all tha****er and protein in. Any help would be appreciated.

Bette B.
on 10/11/14 1:21 pm

Define "hard time getting in." Can't keep things down? Just feel like you have no appetite? Or just don't like what you're drinking?

Not knowing your situation, I can make a couple of suggestions:

- small sips every few minutes, as opposed to doing an ounce or so all at once

-different temperature beverages (if cold isn't working, try hot, and vice versa), or try things iced if you're drinking them at room temp

- try diff flavors or brands of what you're drinking. Isopure was recommended when I had my surgery but I couldn't stand the taste of the stuff so I gave up and tried my other options.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

NYMom222
on 10/11/14 3:17 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

MyDoctor's attitude was - Work your way up to it-  so there was no pressure. Keep sipping and drinking protein shakes. You can buy unflavored protein to mix in things too. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Karen M.
on 10/11/14 11:32 pm - Mississauga, Canada

To add to what others have wisely said, a trick I used was to always (ALWAYS) have a bottle of water in my hand. Sip constantly.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Valerie G.
on 10/12/14 12:18 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dehydration is a harsh mistress, for it leads to fatigue, nausea, and more dehydration, and sometimes kidney stones.  My doc was not so casual about it.  I was to get in 64oz of fluids, 100g of protein and 12 vitamins every day, starting with the day I got home.  It was a full-time job, and I got really close most days (because she didn't want excuses), and I did eventually make it no-fail by the second week.  Anything wet counts, so protein shakes also count as fluids.  Try different flavors and temperatures to find what is easiest....and yeah, keep a giant cup with you and drag it everywhere.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

1slusher1
on 10/12/14 6:14 am

Good to know that shake also count, I seem to constantly be putting in but except waiting half hour after drinking to eat.