5 days post op from Rou-n-y and I feel like my insides are falling out. Anyone else have this...

Chilipepper
on 10/12/14 8:20 am

You need to also get off the pain meds. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

October2014rny
on 10/12/14 9:17 am

I have a little update to report. First of all I appreciate all the comments and help. It is awesome to hear from people who have gone through the same issue as me. First of all let me say that I believe it was gas. I am feeling a lot better but getting up and down is still a little painful. My drainage has almost stopped completely and what is there is so pale it is mostly clear. Sorry that I scared some of you about the drain, that was not my intention. Go****hought everyone that has RNY had one. I am so happy that I had this done and I chose the right procedure for me. Good luck to all you that are anticipating surgery, the main thing is don't be afraid because the outcome is awesome. Thanks

Kate M.
on 10/12/14 10:29 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

Just to let you know, I also had my drain in for a week and also had massive pain for almost a week and a half - you're not alone and it WILL go away. I'm more than two months out and I still occasionally have bits of pain from the incisions. Hang in there, you'll be fine. :)

karenp8
on 10/12/14 9:21 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing better! Thanks for the update!

mellabella115
on 10/12/14 7:20 pm - North York, Canada

I had rny on Oct 9th...i was in the hospital until the 11th only because I didn't have an appetite and they wanted me on full fluids to go home. The gas pain was unbearable and until now I still have it but I wasn't on any pain med you just gotta get moving....it's worse to lay there....believe me

iloveravens
on 10/13/14 12:36 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I did not have a drain, well, I did, but it was removed before I woke from surgery according to the surgeon's report.  Check the foods/drinks you are consuming and make sure that the second ingredient isn't Sorbitol (or anything that ends in 'tol).  Those did a NUMBER on my tummy the first few days.  I bought these good looking Publix and Kroger sugar free popsicles and they nearly killed my stomach.  Once I moved to Popsicle brand sugar free pops, my tummy was a million times better!!!!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)