Sweet and Spicy Food Cravings!!!

newchange2885
on 10/10/14 2:11 am

Any tips on how to get rid of sweet and or spicy food cravings? For those who had sweet and spicy food cravings before the surgery are you still having them after your surgery?  How are you handling them if you do get cravings?

MickeyDee
on 10/10/14 3:51 am

There's nothing wrong with wanting flavor with your food.  Checkout Eggface's recipes for great ideas, or try various foods on your own.

Use Ricotta with Marinara sauce for Italian.  Thai food has great flavor without being high in calories, as is Chinese.

Just because you had surgery doesn't mean you have to give up flavor.

Valerie G.
on 10/10/14 4:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Feed the spicy craving.  For the sweet - I still get them, but I find that the more protein I eat, the less I have sweet cravings.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

poet_kelly
on 10/10/14 4:45 am - OH

Yeah, I still have cravings.  If I crave something spicy, I eat something spicy.  If I crave something sweet, sometimes I eat something sweet and sometimes I don't.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eggface
on 10/11/14 2:01 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I crave those and incorporate them into my meal plans. I love Mexican food still lots that are perfect for most post WLS plans (fajitas Mmmm, guacamole I just made a baked Chili Relleno casserole today on the blog) Sweet foods are a little more tricky but there are many alternative sweeteners (though you may need to limit them) or those that are lower on the glycemic scale and many foods that are just naturally sweet that are perfect for us. You are welcome to check out my blog link below about 8 years of post op recipes. Hope it gives you some ideas of what is possible to eat.

Best wishes to you!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com