Insurance coverage

newchange2885
on 10/9/14 7:41 am

Does anyone know if insurance companies pays for Protein Shakes, Vitamins , Calcium and or Iron Pills? Which is the best and affordable Protein shakes out here?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/9/14 8:06 am

Not that I am aware of. Those are costs associated with ensuring your health, similar to regular maintenance on your car or home. Vitamins are frequently on sale.

Protein shakes are a crap shoot since there are so many and what one person likes another will hate. Check into sample packs so you aren't out money on something you hate.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

poet_kelly
on 10/9/14 8:17 am - OH

Most don't but you'd need to check with yours to find out for sure if they do.  They may pay for some vitamins available be prescription, like B12 shots, although mine does not.  Usually they won't pay for stuff available over the counter.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

newchange2885
on 10/9/14 8:19 am

Thank you so much.. I will do that.. How much is B 12 shots?

poet_kelly
on 10/9/14 8:20 am - OH

I pay about $2 per shot, including the B12 and the syringe.  So they are cheap, even without insurance.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

C H
on 10/9/14 1:05 pm, edited 10/9/14 1:07 pm

I actually saw this ad below, while reading your post lol

http://www.insurenutrition.com/

C H
on 10/9/14 1:07 pm

http://www.insurenutrition.com/ 

oops that was a wrong link..