Was that dumping?

dy0064
on 10/9/14 5:22 am

RNY Tuesday the 7th today Nausea and gas.. Walking is the only thing that helped lasted 4 hours.

Tracy D.
on 10/9/14 5:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That would be a big "NO" to your question if what you experienced was "dumping".  What you are experiencing is normal, every day, garden variety post-op systems.  Keep on walking...

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Amy R.
on 10/9/14 5:35 am

True dumping is characterized by sweating, rapid heartbeat, occasional nausea and a general feeling of awfulness. I would never be able to walk while dumping.  Usually the extent of my activity during an episode  is laying on the bed and wishing God would put me out of my misery.

Everyone is different though.  Had you consumed any sugar prior to your nausea and gas attack?

Valerie G.
on 10/9/14 5:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Nausea is probably caused by dehydration.  Gas is from the air lodged in your inner nooks and crannies (to do laparascopic surgery, they blow you up like a balloon).  You need to move around to dislodge the bubbles.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

dccyr
on 10/9/14 6:37 am

You are not going to dump, two days post op. 

dy0064
on 10/9/14 7:01 am

I drank half a protein drink maybe to quickly maybe overfilled pouch? 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/9/14 7:05 am - OH

No.  If you overfill your pouch, the liquid just starts to back up into your esophagus (which feels a little weird and can result in a bit of a sense of anxiety for some, but isn't problematic beyond that). It definitely doesn't cause dumping.

If you stay away from sugar you shouldn't have to worry about dumping since that is the specific thing that causes it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 10/9/14 8:43 am - OH

That would not cause dumping, unless the protein drink was very high in sugar.  I hope you're not drinking anything high in sugar two days post op.

And those aren't really the symptoms of dumping, anyway.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dy0064
on 10/9/14 9:05 am

Premier Protein  11 oz i drank half.

It says 1 gram of sugar is that to much?