DENIED? NOT! Don't trust everybody you speak to!

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 12:10 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

You all probably remember my post yesterday about being denied insurance coverage for my RNY and how devastated/scared/worried/etc I was.

How I found out I was denied:

I called the insurance company and the woman I spoke with had me on hold for a long time. When she finally came back, she told me that I had been denied because it wasn't medically necessary. When I asked her if there was anything I could do to get it approved, she told me no. Which, yes, I could of had it appealed.

Today I called the insurance company to get a list of the documents and forms that my surgeons office needs to send in with the appeal to make sure I DO get approved. This woman never put me on hold. She was very kind, told me that she was signing into my account and, to my surprise, told me there was NO record of a denial! I WAS APPROVED! She read to me the whole approval form and told me I will be getting it in the mail soon.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be approved! Especially after being told I was denied! I just left a message for my case manager at the surgeons office so that she can call the insurance office, receive the approval, and get everything scheduled and ready for me!

Looks like I will be getting my surgery!

I am ECSTATIC! 

Bette B.
on 10/9/14 12:40 am

How is it that computers have seemed to make our worlds MORE f-ed up??

Regardless. WOO HOO TO YOOOOOOO!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 12:44 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

So true! As much as they help us, they also have their moments. Lol

Thank you! 

tstowe
on 10/9/14 2:17 am

Welcome to my world... I teach computer graphics. It seems like it's something new every day.

ashleyyy
on 10/9/14 12:59 am

Unfortunately, i kinda had the same thing happen to me. Sometimes 1) people are not paying attention 2) have no idea what theyre doing or 3) just dont care to help

But congrats girl, thats soo exciting!

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 1:00 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Exactly! Haha. 

Thank you! I'm so excited!(:

Cathy W.
on 10/9/14 2:56 am

That's fantastic.  Congratulations on today being the beginning of your weight loss surgery journey! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 4:39 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Thank you!

It's finally starting to feel like a weight loss journey now!(:

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/9/14 3:08 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Congrats!, so happy for you!, time to do the happy dance! , and to that unkind lady 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 4:41 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Thank you! Your comment made me laugh with the . Lol  I am definitely doing the happy dance now!(;