My Surgeon and Experience

MARTIN0130
on 10/7/14 10:53 am, edited 10/7/14 8:42 am

I had a gastric sleeve procedure 12 days ago. My Dr. was Dr. Wayne Westmoreland and I was a self-pay patient with his program with the surgery done at the Hertiage Medical Center at Shelbyville, Tennessee. For self-pay they offer a cheaper package than with his insurance patients at his normal hospital in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. I had a very excellant experience not only with Dr. Westmoreland but also the staff at Heritage Medical Center. Dr. Westmoreland is truly a highly skilled surgeon and a true Christian individual who is not afraid to talk about his faith and to pray with and for you both before and after surgery. His plan for me was to loose 20 pounds in the approximate 4 week period from my office visit with him and the date of surgery, 9/25/14 and he has a "plan" (diet) to help with that process. I was very proud to be able to tell him I had lost 24 pounds as of the date for the surgery. I had my 2 week after surgery visit with him this morning and all of the incision (5) spots had healed and I had lost another 10 pounds, for which he and I were both very pleased. I cannot say how very much I appreciate Dr. Westmoreland for his knowledge and skills and would extremely recommend him to anyone considering bariatric surgery. He is also a general surgeon, but he seems to specialize and excell at bariatric. Thanks for the opportunity to tell him and you about his skills and ability.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 10/7/14 10:29 pm
VSG on 12/06/12
MARTIN0130
on 10/9/14 9:04 am

No this was not an add, however if like me someone is looking for a highly skilled doctor tor this procedure, I wanted them to know who he is and my fantastic sxperience with him and the surgery. If it was I would have asked for referral fees to cover some of my 12K self-pay costs.

LIza M.
on 10/9/14 9:24 am

Hi , I like you am going to be self pay and since fees are very high where I live I will be traveling out of state so I very much appreciate your sharing of your experience. There is so much information out there and so many surgeons it is a little overwhelming.

Elizabeth

MARTIN0130
on 10/9/14 12:30 pm

Thanks - I don't know about the costs you are looking at but mine was 12k if that is a help. If you would like more info let me know and I will be happy to give you what I can.