vitalady

ralley38
on 10/9/14 12:15 pm

I see a lot of people use vitalady vitamins. They look really expensive. What do you pay for yours?

MickeyDee
on 10/9/14 2:00 pm

I buy OTC such as Centrum Silver, Trader Joe's B Complex (sublingual), Vit D3, and Calcium Citrate.  It's all your personal choice.  I've had very good test results my entire post-op time.

ralley38
on 10/9/14 5:39 pm

These are all just purchased at local store?

MickeyDee
on 10/10/14 3:57 am

Yep;  local retail outlets.

Candy V.
on 10/9/14 8:29 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I get my 50k D3 from vitalady. Everything else I get at local stores when they have buy one get one free sales. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Tracy D.
on 10/10/14 2:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I only use Vitalady for the Tender Iron and Tender Calcium.  Everything else I get at my local pharmacy.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

MsBatt
on 10/10/14 3:11 am

Her vitamins are a little higher, but some people prefer to pay a little extra in order to not have to spend as much time thinking "What should I be taking?" Vitalady offers pre-packed daily vitamin packs that are surgery-type specific. She also carries some things that very hard to find elsewhere.

And she's a wonderful information source! The reason she's in the vitamin business is because she and her husband both had distal RNYs close to 20 years ago now. They both have a LOT of vitamin knowledge, much of it learned because they needed it to survive.

Valerie G.
on 10/10/14 4:13 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I get the majority of my vitamins from local stores and stock up on BOGO deals.  I get the dry vitamins (A, D, and K) in megadoses from Vitalady that I cannot find locally.  I also shop Amazon.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/10/14 6:38 am - OH

I get the tender iron and the 50,000 unit Vit D from her because they actually are a pretty good deal compared to what I have found elsewhere  (the Vit D I have only been able to find on,one in that dose) and the iron doesn't bother my tummy the way some others have (which is priceless!)

I save on other vitamins at BOGO free sales as so many others have mentioned.  There is no need for special "bariatric" versions of multivitamins, so if you find a deal on Centrum or a generic version of it, take the deal.  Same with any other addition vitamins your labs say you need (B complex, zinc, Vit A, etc.)

What I really splurge on is the Bariatric Advantage raspberry calcium citrate chews and the Calcet Creamy bites calcium citrate.  I use one dose of each a day and then use the most inexpensive calcium citrate capsules (I find them easier to swallow than pills) that I can find.  Vitamin Shoppe often has theirs on sale.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/10/14 10:48 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Oh man, the chewy calcium... awesome stuff! I get the caramel ones from Costco nowadays, but the others are really good too.

Ditto that all of my stuff comes from the drugstore. My surgeon says to "keep doing what I'm doing" based on my lab work (YMMV) and stick with the Walgreens stuff I take now.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!