Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch

cmarroletti
on 10/3/14 2:18 pm

This is the surgery my surgeon has suggested for me.  Has anyone out there had this particular one, and how are you doing? Or, have you known anyone

NYMom222
on 10/3/14 4:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

There is a forum board for Duodenal Switch, try re-posting it there, as well as reading the posts there to get more information.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/3/14 6:48 pm

Lots of us, but maybe not necessarily on this board. Over 6 1/2 years post op from my DS, and maintaining over 150lb loss, and loss of ALL my co morbs, and eating far more normally than I was ever able to before surgery.

I take a handful of vitamins every day now, but it's worth the trade for all the prescriptions than I no longer take.

Valerie G.
on 10/4/14 10:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm about to celebrate my 9 yr post op on Halloween.  I love my DS and wouldn't have wls any other way.  

On the top of your screen you'll see a link for Forums > then choose Duodenal Switch for Surgery type and you'll have a captive audience.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 10/5/14 2:38 am

I'll be 11 years post-op come December, and I'm still totally "in love" with my DS. (Just for future reference, most of the time the BPD/DS is simply called the DS or Duodenal Switch. Most correctly, it should be called a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy with Duodenal Switch, but there are reasons for the 'old' name. Long and boring reasons.)

I suggest you check out some of the DS-oriented Face Book groups, specifically one called Duodenal Switch patients. There aren't a lot of long-term DS vets who still bother coming to OH any more.