Lost 100lbs on my own..What to expect after VSG??

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 1:56 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Hey guys just curious if I have been steady loosing weight with out the VSG do you think I will still see good results like other people have?  Thanks!!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/3/14 2:16 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

First congrats on a amazing weight loss b4 surgery! If you stay on your drs plan for you, you should see good results. You'll not only lose the weight but keep it off! Make sure to tackle any food issues you might have with a therapist or other people that can help you so you don't go back to old habits. They say the first year is a honeymoon phase, so keeping up with all the good habits you make now should follow you thru for life. Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 2:34 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Thanks hun!  I have a good support network of ppl I talk to.  The dietician has be a saving grace making my self acountable.  Im just praying with hard work I can loose it all and keep it off.  I just want to ride a freaking roller coaster! :-)

hl1524
on 10/3/14 4:15 am - Austin, TX

Getting on a roller coaster has been one of the first things I want to do.  :)

RNY 8/27/2014

Valerie G.
on 10/3/14 5:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

After all you've already accomplished, you'll keep going with less hunger struggles, that's for sure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Grim_Traveller
on 10/3/14 11:14 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I lost 116 before surgery, and I think it helped enormously. No pun intended. It gave me a really good running start.

I do think you will lose a little slower than some after surgery, but only because you have less to lose. The first month after surgery I lost 21 pounds, and had a couple of other months where I lost 20. I know a few big guys who lost close to 40 their first month. But they all gained a few pounds before surgery, and none of them reached goal the way I did.

Congratulations on the head start. You'll do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 11:39 pm - RIVERDALE, NJ

grim thanks!!!!

Nikke2003
on 10/4/14 12:37 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on the amazing weight loss! I think we are probably similar - I was 444 lbs when I started the supervised diet and lost 107 lbs in that six months. Just as that was slowing down though, I had the VSG and it kick started my losses again. I was still pretty heavy at 338, but lost 105 lbs in the next six months. So, for me it was perfect timing. It looks like we have similar stats and you're a man (which I believe means you'll tend to lose faster). I think you should do fine if you have a good plan and stick to it!

Congrats!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com