Insurance question???

NikkyBeauty
on 10/4/14 9:03 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

From what I read, It sounds like your insurance wants you on some type of supervised diet! But now if they just require you to meet with a nutritionalist/dietician and you haven't did that yet, that means all your requirements haven't been met for your insurance to approve you! I wonder why they would submit your paperwork?? that could possibly hold you up or result in a denial! I'm not trying to discourage you so just call your surgeons office and ask them to let you know if your paperwork is going to be denied because you haven't meet with the nutrionalist yet, hopefully they will make sure everything is good! You have to stay on these people ass's about this stuff they make all kinds of mistakes! i hope everything works out for you!!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

blmsdm
on 10/8/14 1:06 pm - sherman, TX

I work for an insurance company.  The person you talked to was probably a regular representative.  They have limited information on the authorizations.  If your nutritional counseling info was not sent in, that will need to be done.  Your doctor can send it in ASAP.  There is a possibility they will deny for not having all the info.  If so, your doctor would need to request a peer to peer review and submit the nutritional info.  It shouldn't be a big deal.  I worry more that your doctor's office did that.  If they have done enough of these surgeries, they should know better.  Good luck.