Bad day....Could use some encouragement!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 12:42 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

So today was my first really BAD day since I had RNY a month ago....I went home with the plan of walking out my frustration. I walked just under a mile because it was sooooooo cold (40 and REALLY windy) before I gave in and left. I then felt slightly annoyed with myself for wimping out on the rest of my walk (but seriously I've been freezing since I came home from the hospital anyways!) After my walk I had to go to the grocery store. I seriously spent about 40 minutes just wandering around the store looking at all the foods that I would have bought several months ago to deal with a day like today. I'm happy to report that even though I did look longingly at each of those foods I never had any intention of buying any and I left the store with only the items I needed and planned to buy. After going home, having my healthy dinner, and finding a warm blanket I'm feeling much better. This is my first post surgery experience with missing my past behaviors and it did make me feel slightly crazy. Please tell me I'm not the only one that had these thoughts!!!!

cmarroletti
on 10/3/14 2:19 pm

I have not had wls yet.  My primary is out of town till Tuesday, and she will sign off on my clearance than, and that's the last thing that needs done. so hopefully, I'll have a date soon!  So, although I can't give you encouragement from experience, I can offer encouragement.  I'm very proud of you for not buying those foods you looked at!  I'm sure that is the best accomplishment. What I will suggest, is sit down and make a positive list.  All the things you have been able to accomplish since your surgery.  I'm sure, in a month, you probably have several.  I've read peoples testimony's and have seen good things happen within a month.  We used to sing a song in church, "count your many blessings" .  It's very true. When we are down, we need to focus on the positive things and the more we can think of, the less the negative stuff crepes in!  Hope this was helpful.  I'll be  posting as soon as I find out my date.  I can't wait to tell my own story!

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 2:45 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

Very True. You are right...in the past 4 weeks I've done many things and had many experiences that are amazing....thanks for the reminder. Good luck to you!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/3/14 3:26 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

What you're feeling is totally normal. Cravings for food we shouldn't eat when stress or whatever crops up makes staying on plan a real challenge, but think of the payoff, a healthier you! Definitely find ways to deal with temptation & cravings because those things will always be around. I still walk down the cookie aisle in the store even though I have no intentions of buying cookies, since when did oreos come in coconut? lol I guess the more times I pass them up the stronger my resolves gets & I still don't have any desires for the cookies. I know where that leads & I so don't wanna go back there. It does get easier, Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Bette B.
on 10/4/14 2:25 am

You'll hear a lot of people say that we had surgeries on our guts, not on our brains. We're trying to defeat habits and coping mechanisms we've had our whole lives. It is easy? Hell, no. But it gets easiER.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.