Information overload

Katie_May
on 10/1/14 12:41 pm

I have received my surgery date. It is October 27th and so now I am in the process of getting all of the education done that I need to before I get sleeved. On Monday I went and saw the Nutritionist. I was so excited to go and see her because this was like the first appointment I had that was leading up to surgery. And then this lady gave me so much stuff I had to leave with a bag and I think my head was spinning. Now, I have done so much research and so much reading about what to expect after the surgery, the post op dietary steps and all that, I should have been okay. But wow. Let me just say wow. My Nutritionist probably spoke 90 miles per hour. She was just going and going and going like the energizer bunny. I don't think I could have gotten a word in even if I had a word to get in. I was so overwhelmed by the time it was all said and done, I couldn't even get the presence of mind to ask her the questions I have to ask her. Then, when I got home, I go this darn head cold so I haven't even felt well enough to read through the information that she sent me home with. Luckily for me, I don't wor****il 11 tomorrow night so I will have all night to go through and read that info. 

I do want to ask you guys this though, since so many of you have already been through what I am going through. I have yet to come across any sugar free popsicles. Where do you find them? What brand do you buy? I read in the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies book not to eat the red ones in the beginning because it can be so easily confused with blood if you vomit or something, but that is really all of the info I have about them. Any other pointers or insider tips are very much appreciated.

Best wishes to you!

Katie  

Poodlemac
on 10/1/14 1:59 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

understand how you feel. The dietician I saw was just NOT my cup of tea and I left feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. When I was reading your post I wondered if you went to the same one!  I had surgery 6 days ago and went to a support group tonight. I met the hospital nutritionist and will see her in the future. 

If you're in the south, Bluebell makes the best sf Popsicles. Those are the ones I like. Those ice pop things we had as kids come in sugar free and they're pretty tasty. 

Best of luck to you. It's an exciting and promising time!

BurberryPlaid
on 10/1/14 11:07 pm - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

I got the Popsicle brand SF pops...they have regular (cherry, grape, lime) and tropical (pineapple...yum! Tropical orange, and tropical fruit punch) I got them at my local grocery store. Target had them and so does my local wholesale store (BJ's) They should be easy to find.

Good luck!

Tracy D.
on 10/2/14 2:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Both my local grocery stores carry Popsicle brand sugar-free popsicles.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Luvmygs
on 10/2/14 2:39 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Try making your own if you can't find them. I bought my popsicles molds on amazon for $10. Use fresh squeezed lemons, water and stevia; Almond milk with protein; pu****ermelon or cantaloup in food processor and pour liquid into molds, add some crushed strawberries; strawberries (placed in food processor) and add some yogurt; crystal light, etc. So many ways to make your own. Check out Eggface, she has good ideas http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

MsBatt
on 10/2/14 7:38 am
On October 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM Pacific Time, Luvmygs wrote:

Try making your own if you can't find them. I bought my popsicles molds on amazon for $10. Use fresh squeezed lemons, water and stevia; Almond milk with protein; pu****ermelon or cantaloup in food processor and pour liquid into molds, add some crushed strawberries; strawberries (placed in food processor) and add some yogurt; crystal light, etc. So many ways to make your own. Check out Eggface, she has good ideas http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

You do realize that these aren't actually sugar-free, don't you? Fruit contains a good bit of sugar, and probably isn't the best thing to eat immediately after surgery.

Price S.
on 10/2/14 3:46 am - Mills River, NC

Every Dr group is different.  We had 12 classes so the information was spread out!!

De carb and de caff.  Learn to take bites the size of a pencil eraser.  Learn to not drink with your meals.  Start walking so you will be in good shape before surgery.

then hang on for the ride of your life as you begin the rest of your life. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MsBatt
on 10/2/14 7:37 am
On October 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM Pacific Time, Price S. wrote:

Every Dr group is different.  We had 12 classes so the information was spread out!!

De carb and de caff.  Learn to take bites the size of a pencil eraser.  Learn to not drink with your meals.  Start walking so you will be in good shape before surgery.

then hang on for the ride of your life as you begin the rest of your life. 

These are RNY 'rules'. The OP is getting a Sleeve.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/2/14 5:37 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Pop  Pop1

Almost all grocery stores carry these in the freezer section near the ice cream.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

t3dsmom
on 10/2/14 8:57 am

"Outshine" by Dole no sugar added at 30 calories per pop.