Sleeved Monday

Tracy D.
on 10/2/14 2:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench!    I've seen patients who got hernia repair report more pain post-op.  Headache and nausea can be from not enough fluids so make sure you are getting more than the minimum amount your surgeon requires.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Char1Char
on 10/2/14 12:02 pm

I had lots of problems post op which had me in the hospital for a week after surgery. Headache, nausea, etc. I (and my doc) think I may be allergic to morphine which makes sense because I had the same trouble following my hysterectomy. Sip, sip, sip your water. A friend gave me a Premier Protein shake (available at Costco in the vitamin section) and it was the only thing I could keep down.

It WILL get better! People kept telling me that and I thought they were crazy, but you'll feel better each day.

Marinadelmandi
on 10/5/14 1:25 pm

So, today is day 6 and tomorrow will be week 1 down. I have been doing way better. No, pain meds today, headaches gone, and no nausea.  I haven't had any feeling of being hungry, but I haven't had the feeling of being full either. I don't feel my pouch filling up. I feel the temp of the liquids I am drinking but that it. I guess thats just one of the ups and downs. I haven't gotten on a scale since before surgery so, I wont know my weight until Weds. when I go for my post-op appt.

Tracy D.
on 10/5/14 10:57 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're doing great!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

1slusher1
on 10/6/14 5:20 am

I made the mistake of weighing. I had gained 8lbs. Even though I know this cannot be true weight, it still play,s on my mind. As anyone else had this problem?

1slusher1
on 10/5/14 12:09 am

I had my surgery on the second. I also have been experiencing headaches. And I was also up 8lbs on the scales. I know this could not be true weight, but it did discourage me a little. As for the pre opp diet I was on low carb high fat diet. Best of luck!

Marinadelmandi
on 10/5/14 1:24 pm

The headaches were because the lack of water and protein, one of the bloggers above nailed it!

TheNewT
on 10/5/14 11:23 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Glad to hear you are feeling better. When I was discharged my nurse gave me a list of things that would put me back in the hospital if I wasn't diligent. Not staying hydrated was on the list. I literally held my cup in my hand all day long to make sure I sipped all day long.

Just stay the course and enjoy your seat on the loser's bench!!

Christinacarroll4
on 10/13/14 9:08 am

Hi I live in Dallas North Carolina, I want/need to attend support groups pre and post, but when I google to try and find groups near me there are none? Is there a website that would be helpful in me locating the groups?? Any HELP or input would be so helpful!! I am new at this and just starting out! Thanks again Christina Carroll

Ivanova8
on 10/13/14 10:15 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Christina.  You should start a new topic so more people will see your post and maybe you'll meet some new friends.  Good luck!