Fear of Failure

WarriorJG
on 9/30/14 2:26 pm

Thank you!!!

gram247
on 9/30/14 1:40 am

Most of us who have had surgery, ( i had VSG 10/4/11) felt the same way. For me , the what if I fail loomed big in my head. But I talked to  many people at the support groups, at the doctor's office, & my fears lessened. 

The worse part of the entire post op process was the clear liquid protein I had to be on for 5 days. After that it was much better. I had very few post op issues. you just have to follow the rules. No soda or carbonated liquids, no drinking for 30 minutes before , after or during a meal. Eat protein first, then veggies, then carbs.

Good luck.

WarriorJG
on 9/30/14 2:33 pm

Thank you! I will do my best to follow the rules but that is my fear, that I won't be able to do so. But I'm committed to not let fear control my life and believe I can succeed. 

QoftheU
on 9/30/14 10:35 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Oh good grief YES!!  I was freaked out about it!  I kept asking my BF, "Am I doing the right thing?  Is this a good idea?  What if I fail AGAIN... this is my LAST hope".  And then a few days before the surgery I was fine.  Then a week after I got a little freaky again, "What have I done?  Was this a good idea?"  And then I was fine.  And now I know it was the best thing for me.  I'm incredibly grateful to have proceeded with WLS.  It's been over 9 months now and I'm 13.2 pounds from goal - I haven't weighed this amount since I was 15! 

Best thing I ever did and I wish wish WISH I'd done it sooner.  But at least I've done it now and feel great.  I just bought my first size 4 (FOUR?!?!) jeans.  It's worth it as long you're COMMITTED to the change.  I was and am.  And if you follow your surgeon's program completely, you won't fail!

Congrats on your approval and keep us posted!  

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

WarriorJG
on 9/30/14 2:38 pm

Thank you so much the boost in confidence! Congrats to you! WOW, size 4 and 13 lb from your goal weight is AMAZING!!!

We can do this!