Question about vsg pre-op

Pokerdiva13
on 10/1/14 12:45 pm - Canada

I am having vsg surgery on Oct 20th and there is no pre surgery liquid diet at all. From all the research I have done everyone was on a liquid diet. Anyone else have no pre-op requirements?

hopeful_loser
on 10/1/14 1:12 pm

Hi, congrats on your upcoming surgery.  I just had my surgery on 9/25 and my Surgeon did not require a Pre-op diet or requirements either.  Good luck!

Susie H.
on 10/1/14 9:51 pm

I have a modified diet.  It may depend on what you need to lose.  I have unlimited veggies and 4oz of protein.  My surgery is the 15th. Good luck. 

BurberryPlaid
on 10/1/14 11:01 pm - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

I was give a goal weight but did not have to be on a liquid diet to get there. I did have to be on full liquids for 2 days before surgery but the intent was just to have a clear system not to lose weight.

bellamorte17
on 10/1/14 11:26 pm
VSG on 09/10/14

same as burberry plaid for me. No pre op diet though I was required to lose weight (10 pounds) in 2 months time and then I did a 2 day clear liquid following a bowel cleanse pre surgery to clear my contents. The drink was horrible but the cleanse itself was not nearly as horrible as I expected.  Best of luck to you with your upcoming surgery! 

Valerie G.
on 10/2/14 12:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had no diet requirements at all.   My only instruction was nothing after midnight the night before my morning surgery.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 10/2/14 2:06 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

There are plenty of VSGers that don't have to do liquid pre-op diets.  My surgeon doesn't put any of his VSG patients on it.  Both my husband and I had VSG in the last 18 months.  We were each required to lose 10-15 lbs. in the 6 months before surgery but that was it.  The only other requirement was no food or liquid by mouth after midnight before surgery.  

Good luck on your surgery...and count yourself lucky ;-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Pokerdiva13
on 10/2/14 3:28 am - Canada

Thanks everyone. I feel a lot better:)

Redhotqtee
on 10/2/14 3:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I had no Pre Op liquid diet requirement per se. The day before, I could eat a regular breakfast, After noon, I could only have soft foods, mashed potatoes, yogurt etc.. Then, nothing to eat or drink after midnight.. Good luck with you surgery..

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/2/14 5:45 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Different surgeons, different requirements.

If you're a lightweight, your surgeon may not be concerned about a fatty liver impeding surgery.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220