Help

Marlene D.
on 9/30/14 9:32 pm

i am 4 weeks out and I have to be on the road all day can I replace my meals with protien shakes, it would be so much easier? Thank you!!!

Marlene

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 9/30/14 10:07 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

That would all be up to what you were told by your surgeon. So call them. Some are okay with some are not.

Vivian Prouty
on 9/30/14 10:51 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Marlene....I've never heard of a surgeon telling anyone NO to doing a protein shake on the road verses making bad food choices.    I'd say your surgeon will say it's OK.   You might want to make sure though that your shake says Meal Replacement on it so your get all the much needed nutrients.    Good luck and be safe today.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 10/1/14 12:36 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes please don't talk to your medical professional because here on the internet we all have medical degrees.

Chilipepper
on 10/1/14 1:07 am

Being on the road all day pack a little cooler and keep them cold. That shouldn't be a problem. They like you to get your protein from food with supplementing with shakes but if this is not a regular thing you should be fine. If you are on the road all the time for work them you will have to start planning out your menu. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/1/14 3:07 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

What does your plan say? They should've given you a meal plan based on what stage you're at & will be at as you move along, call them & ask. Every surgeons plan is different so we can't tell you what to eat.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kate -True Brit
on 10/1/14 4:19 am - UK

We really need more information!  Which surgery? Is this a one-off? 

And even then, at 4 weeks post-op, it is your doctor who should be answering this. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,