2 years ago in October and stuggling

Nancy S.
on 9/28/14 3:08 pm

Hello, Well I am ashamed to say that almost 2 years ago I had the surgery. I had good intentions. But have gotten lost along the way. I don't know how to get back on track. my goal was to lose at least 100 pounds and so far I have lost 65 with no weight loss in a year. It is because I eat carbs and  cant get a grip. has anyone else done this and what have you done? 

Don't judge a book by it's cover because your never reading the same book.

Kate -True Brit
on 9/28/14 5:44 pm - UK

Your are not the only one.  But if we are to offer suggestions, you need to tell us more - most importantly, which surgery you had. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/29/14 12:26 am - OH

It sounds like you already know both the problem AND the solution: the carbs.  Too many carbs is almost always the primary cause of regain or of not losing enough weight in the first place.

You didn't specify which surgery you had, but it doesn't matter as far as the general answer to what you need to do: the only thing you CAN do is decide to commit to eating the way you need to and go back to a protein forward, limited carb meal plan.  

You are definitely NOT alone in this.  There are many people who come here having regained weight a couple of years out.  We can help provide suggestions on what you are eating, but the motivation and commitment need to come from inside you.  You are absolutely worth the effort it takes to get the weight under control, and you CAN do it.

Many people find that tracking their food intake helps them a lot.  That enables them to see how many protein, carbs, and calories they are consuming.

Lora 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Spencerella
on 9/29/14 2:13 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Hi Nancy

I checked your profile and see that you were sleeved just five days after me.  Welcome back, sleeve sister!  I read your blog post and was struck by the amazing list of reasons you gave for choosing surgery.  I'm betting that most of those still apply.  I don't have any easy answers for you, but going back to some of the basics like eating protein first, not drinking with your meals, tracking your food and weighing regularly are a good way to start.  

Also, I find it helpful to hang out on the Forums because it keeps me grounded.  I think that by nature, our affliction comes with a boatload of denial, so following a basic framework can be very helpful - colouring within the lines, so to speak.  I'd be happy to connect by PM too.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

LDallas
on 10/2/14 2:13 am
VSG on 10/25/12
Hi Nancy! I'm with ya sister. Sleeved 10/2012. I'm trying to get Back on track,too. It's so easy to slip back into old habits, foods etc. I just this week started walking more, and really monitoring what I eat. Realized this morn my shakes held about 2 or more cups milk! So I measured out 1 cup, and added water for the rest. Just an example of how things can get away from you. We went through a lot for this surgery!! Let's rock it! All the best. Highest wt 390 VSG wt 303 Low wt post VSG 215 CW 225 F/5'10/age 52