New to this website( Horizon NJ HEALTH)

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/14 2:18 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Hey everyone my name is Gerard Im from north jersey started my journey 7 months ago at 420 now Im at 336 before surgery.  Hoping to have the surgery done before November.  I had an upper gi done...endoscopy...stomach ultra sound..heart ultra sound...chest x rays...been seeing a registered dietitian...stress test...and physc eval....cleared from gi...pulmonary..cardio..and mental health and i have sleep apane.  So heres my question I have Horizon Nj Health  Im not sure what they need to see as far as 6 month weight loss attempt or even how important it is

There criteria

BMI over 40

aproval from pcp

approved suergon

and 6 month attempt at weight loss

So what would I need to show them just a paper saying I went to ww during x months???  THanks guys!!

poet_kelly
on 9/29/14 5:28 am - OH

You need to call them and ask what they require in terms of the six month attempt at weight loss.  Some insurances will accept Weigh****chers but many require a physician supervised diet.  I'm a bit surprised you're just now wondering what they need when you are hoping to have surgery in November.  Why didn't you start working on the six month thing when you started this process seven months ago?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 1:30 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

thanks hun!