I get sleeved Monday, doing the 48 hour liquid diet and I am soooo hungry

Marinadelmandi
on 9/27/14 6:47 am

I am getting the Gastric Sleeve on Monday. I am on the clear liquid diet that I started at midnight, and it feels like I am starving. I have had a couple of bowls of Jello and some chicken broth. Is there anything that is more filling, that I am drink/eat that won't effect the diet?

Bette B.
on 9/27/14 7:49 am

Stick to your instructions, Marina.

I've got the willpower of a gnat, but I managed the same two day postop diet and if *I* can make it through, YOU can!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Marinadelmandi
on 9/27/14 8:39 am

Thank you!!

kathkeb
on 9/27/14 9:03 am

I put a few drops of hot sauce in broth to make it more savory and more 'real food like'.

You can probably have sugar free Popsicles ... Avoid red, purple, orange colors ... But if you can find others, most liquid sites allow them.

I always found a warm cup of tea in the evenings to be soothing ... And a warm bath and early bed time.... Not hungry if you are asleep!!

Kath

Marinadelmandi
on 9/27/14 3:06 pm

The hot sauce in the broth is genius! It tastes so much better and satisfying. Thank you!

hollykim
on 9/27/14 12:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

there really isn't much else on the clear liquid diet but you can have all you can hold of the items on the diet. 

I would drink 4-5 cups of broth one right behind the other and a whole large package of jello mAde up if that was what it took to keep me less hungry. GL

Marinadelmandi
on 9/27/14 3:08 pm

Thanks a bunch. I was drinking a cup here and there and I found myself full after a couple of mugs of the broth. one of the other responses was to add hot sauce to the broth and that helped as well. Thank you all for your support. One more day to go!